How many interim belts will bald goof give out this year?

Elcucringy

Awkward AF 100% of the time!
@purple
Reaction score
I'm thinking that when Dana stated "wait till you see what we do next year" he meant it'll probably be more interim belts than we've ever handed out.

Just one, an interim interim welterweight title.

Never should be one.....Period! Champ cant answer the belt, he lays it down. Gets in line and fights for it again

There will be enough interim belts in circulation to set up superfights between interim champs.

ESPN will need some title fights for business and they'll do a bunch to sell PPV's. I'll say 20.

Any data on how many interim belts the UFC has given in its history? It must be a couple dozen at least.

I'm thinking that when Dana stated "wait till you see what we do next year" he meant it'll probably be more interim belts than we've ever handed out.

I don't see many interims in 2019. Maybe only at 155 if Khabib refuses to come to terms with the UFC. They'll do an interim belt next fall for that division, but that's about it.

The Khabib negotations are interesting. He's on the last fight of his contract, and the UFC don't want to let him go. But he also wants more money for his last fight than his contract pays him, which the UFC seem to be refusing.

Until Khabib either agrees to fight for cheap and leave the UFC, or Khabib agrees to extend his contract for more money, I don't predict we see him in 2019.

My good, all these silly nicknames... Can you please update your guidelines, Mods?

2 Interim belts. LW and MW

Anytime a champ doesn't answer him back in like an hour.

This was supposed to stop people from taking belts hostage like Tito did. Now it's swung back so far in the other direction it's Dana taking the belt hostage and forcing champs to fight whoever and whenever the fuck he wants. Or maybe he just wants every fight to be "champ v champ" , super fight or non super fight. UFC will do anything to avoid a champ doing some boring shit like fighting a number one contender with no titles. Who'd watch that?

People who think Jones is treated well by the UFC look how many belts he's been stripped of that he didn't lose in the Octagon and was willing to defend?

I think Colby is a shitty human but stripping an interim belt from a guy cause he was recovering from surgery and needed two more weeks is fucked up. Is he going to start making interim interim belts now?

Any data on how many interim belts the UFC has given in its history? It must be a couple dozen at least.

16 or 17 I think. Lot of titles stripped with no IB's though.

Back