How many grapplers are better than Shields currently for MMA?

NBKondit**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aoki
Jacare
Drysdale
Werdum
Weidman?
DC?
Davis?

Anyone else? Maybe GSP

How many of those are in his weight class?

Demian Maia for one, he got much better positions, defended and landed more takedowns.

Many grapplers are better for mma than Jake.

MMA, as a sport, is far better off with less Jake Shields and DHK's on its roster and more Bendo, Cain, KZ, Barao, Pettis, Jacare, etc...

MMA, as a sport, is far better off with less Jake Shields and DHK's on its roster and more Bendo, Cain, KZ, Barao, Pettis, Jacare, etc...

You are insane.

wrestling is apart of grappling. GSP by a mile

jones, weidman, cormier, cain etc

Jacare adapted his BJJ to MMA in a way the no other fighter did

Jacare is the only hope I guess now for a pro jui Jitsu guy to win the title, for awhile, unless Jake keeps going and does a strikeforce like run, in the UFC. Sad times for my favourite martial art.

Go Jake Shields ! Weird fight outcome. Thought Maia would have the slight edge before the fight started.

Aoki is a killer, you could make the argument for Penn too I suppose.

No.

Demian Maia for one, he got much better positions, defended and landed more takedowns.

I agree that just because jake edged out this victory, does not mean he is the better grappler. I think jake got the decision just because he was the one pushing the pace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back