How many Gis/Kimonos do you own?

just one, and it's killing me now that Im going to BJJ more than twice a week... got to get another one soon.

Need some suggestions:

What is the best gi, period?
What is the best gi for the money (best value)?
What online store has the best selection?

Best Gi
-I have heard that Isami gis are the best. They look REALLY cool also.
https://www.hatashitasports.com/product-description.php?PID=210&CategoryID=34&source=
They usually run in the $185 range.
-Also, a lot of people speak highly of lucky gis...which are about 40-50 dollars more expensive then the isami, and imo the isami looks cooler.
Best Gi for the money
-I got a few friends who got fujis and like them, and theyre cheap at 70 bucks
-Theres some sites that have gameness single weaves for 80 bucks, and i got one and i like it and wear it a lot
-I dont know anyone who has one, and i dont either, but a lot of people like the HCK single...i think its like 50 bucks for unbleached and 70 for bleached
-I got a couple ronin brands, the cut is pretty bad(the skirts long and sleeves are short) but the material is better then a lot of the top brand gis IMO, however their pants are my favorite and i like them more then my koral or gameness pants. The ronin brand is a judo cut, and its like 40-50 bucks depending on the color. Google "Ronin Brand".

some sites are
budovideos.com
Jiujitsuprogear.com
onthemat.com
groundandpound.com
hatashitasports.com
brazilianfightwear.com
:::::: Official Website for Atama Kimonos - USA ::::::

bad boy (atama)
fuji
kagi clubsport
vulcan

loving my fuji right now

Best Gi
-I have heard that Isami gis are the best. They look REALLY cool also.
https://www.hatashitasports.com/product-description.php?PID=210&CategoryID=34&source=
They usually run in the $185 range.
-Also, a lot of people speak highly of lucky gis...which are about 40-50 dollars more expensive then the isami, and imo the isami looks cooler.
Best Gi for the money
-I got a few friends who got fujis and like them, and theyre cheap at 70 bucks
-Theres some sites that have gameness single weaves for 80 bucks, and i got one and i like it and wear it a lot
-I dont know anyone who has one, and i dont either, but a lot of people like the HCK single...i think its like 50 bucks for unbleached and 70 for bleached
-I got a couple ronin brands, the cut is pretty bad(the skirts long and sleeves are short) but the material is better then a lot of the top brand gis IMO, however their pants are my favorite and i like them more then my koral or gameness pants. The ronin brand is a judo cut, and its like 40-50 bucks depending on the color. Google "Ronin Brand".

some sites are
budovideos.com
Jiujitsuprogear.com
onthemat.com
groundandpound.com
hatashitasports.com
brazilianfightwear.com
:::::: Official Website for Atama Kimonos - USA ::::::

Thanks Kimuralex!

I have three Padilla & Sons gis. Two gold weaves and one lightweight.

1 Padilla & Sons goldweave in blue (awesome gi which I love)
1 Shoyoroll (haven't rolled in it, yet)

I have about 20 gis. Isami is mich much better than Lucky, probably one of the best. Shoyoroll pants are amazing, as the Atama mundial 7s are also.

As far as gis go, that arent super popular, but are still super nice. Isami is fantastic. Idid a review on mine. I just got a Naja from RDFC. The collar is crazy strong and thick and the material is very light. Dragao makes a wonderful gi, and I believe is the oldest gi company in Brazil.

Atama, Krugans, Koral, all very nice.

Koral Classic Blue
Padilla & Sons goldweave white
Vintage 1970s unbleached judo gi bought second hand that I use for hot weather training.

I have 5 total, but will be getting rid of 1 or two.

These 3 fit me well:
Padilla and Sons Gold weave in Blue
Atama Double Weave in white (Favorite and my comp gi)
Shoyoroll Batch#4

Ki International udo gi (Shrunk way too much, so I will be giving it away)
Sfam Noris (given to me by a friend. Shrunk too much as well and the collar is torn up, but the gi holds up well.)
Padilla and Sons white pants
Gracie Academy white pants.

I ll be probably getting one more gi, but don't know when.

Isami is mich much better than Lucky, probably one of the best.

As far as gis go, that arent super popular, but are still super nice. Isami is fantastic.

I tried on one at budovideos.
although the gi material was soft & nice, like a bathrobe, I thought the collar was very weak.
any thoughts on the collar?
doesn't it bother you?

I tried on one at budovideos.
although the gi material was soft & nice, like a bathrobe, I thought the collar was very weak.
any thoughts on the collar?
doesn't it bother you?

You are right that the collar is average, to maybe a little above average. But the materials in the top and pants is so nice that it makes up for the collar.

1 Koral MKM
1 Lucky Gi (White)
1 Shoyoroll Sky Blue/Gray
1 Bad Boy (Isami)
1 Bad Boy (Atama)
1 Bad Boy (Dragao)
1 Mizuno (Rickson Comp)
1 Keiko Limited
1 Atama Mundial 5
1 Mkimonos Hybrid
1 Sirius Double

1 Koral MKM
1 Lucky Gi (White)
1 Shoyoroll Sky Blue/Gray
1 Bad Boy (Isami)
1 Bad Boy (Atama)
1 Bad Boy (Dragao)
1 Mizuno (Rickson Comp)
1 Keiko Limited
1 Atama Mundial 5
1 Mkimonos Hybrid
1 Sirius Double

damn dude youv got quite the collection or you just hate laundry

damn dude youv got quite the collection or you just hate laundry

I just started training too!

Just kidding. I actually do laundry every night, I'm just a freak about kimonos/gis. Been training six years and my favorite gi for everyday use is probably the Atama Mundial #5.

Really old HCK
Blue Atama gold weave
Atama single (bought in Brazil!)
Ouano (my favorite)
Gracie Barra competition (I've had better)

wow, there is some serious cash being spent on gi's in here!

i've got 5.

Sirius gold weave white
2 gameness single weaves (one is old, stinky and not white anymore. my friend sold me the other one cheap)
gameness platinum blue
atama gold weave white

living in florida, i'm partial to the gameness singles, but i got the atama this past christmas and i'm pretty damn satisfied with it. I use the sirius as a last resort only, it's too heavy and i don't really dig the cut of the jacket (i do like the pants though).

Back