How many gi's do you own? Which one's your favorite?

I own 5. One shrunk too much on me and two are torn so I am alternating between a tatami and 93 hook. I like my tatami zero G V2 the most, although I just got the 93 hook so haven't tested it out much.

Well I'm 6'0 and 145~ pounds so the first thing I look for is one that has sizing for me. This might make me a minority but I don't care much for graphics or designs, I don't want anything that will make me stand out. I don't know much about Gis' or how they are built but when looking for a gi I like seeing words like "reinforced" as I have had a few gis tear on me fairly early. I also like a gi with a thin collar and softer material, a training partner had a lucky gi that felt like sand paper.

I only have two. A Moya Brand Ivory Tech and a Tatami Nova. Like them both, but the Moya is definitely better built. The weave seems stronger and the stitching is better. I might get me a Shoyoroll Alpha Davis that a training partner is selling after wearing it only twice.

I have five gis. My favorite is the OTM Rip Stop Competition 420 (RSC 420) it's light, roomy and pretty toough.

I have 2, a blue atama goldweave with shoulder flags, and a white padilla & sons goldweave.

Love the padilla and sons, would get another if our school didnt start getting their own which are nice quality.

I have 8, fave atm is a Hero Gi I got when I was in Brazil last month..................

I have 6 gi's:

Koral MKM Competition (A3)
Atama Mundial no.9 (A4)
Shoyoroll Compadre batch 10 (A2H)
Shoyoroll Golden State Batch 7 (A2H)
Shoyoroll Competitor batch 17 (A2H)
Origin comp 550 (A3)

I'm 5'11" and about 220lbs and find the Shoyorolls fit great, the Koral and Origin gi's fit good but bordering on being slightly too long in the sleeves and pants. The atama is a thinner cut and although it fits, it's a bit tighter than the others. I wear the Competitor and Compadre the most, but the Origin and Koral have been getting a good work out lately.

I have 7, mainly because my weekly training days are back-to-back-to-back-to...

3 BJJ gi. Two Gameness Pearls (white/black), which I love, as they have a baggier fit and I can hot wash/dry them as much as I like. I also have a white Atama. I'm not too sold on it, because it feels like it's made for someone with a slim build, and I'm built like a not-as-ripped Hector Lombard. It came with a membership to my current club, otherwise, I doubt I would have gotten it.

4 judogi. Two Fuji single weaves (white/blue), which were good when I was first starting, because they're dirt cheap ($40 each), and because they air dried pretty fast. I also have two Mizuno Yusho Comps (white/blue), which are very recent purchases that I got for competition. They feel like silk body armor, for lack of a better description. I love them, and I doubt I'll wear the Fujis anymore unless the weather gets too hot. My one and only complaint is that they take FOREVER to dry, which I think is a side effect of them being pseudo double weaves.

Last edited:
I have two. Black and white one.

One TKD and one BJJ

4 (actually three and a half):
Blue Koral MKM (the pants are gone, looking for a replacement, the only patched up Gi I own - club patch on the back and pirate flag on the lapel)
White Koral Classsic (for special occasions/seminars)
White Fuji Summer (My main Gi)
Blue Koral Original (my favourite Gi, used in rotation with Fuji)

I've been using the the basic Fuji which has worked very well but as a tall skinny guy the pants and overall jacket length are a bit short.

Just yesterday I received my new custom gi from ($100 from Killer Be Gi). Compared to my Fuji it has extra rows of stitching everywhere and full length knee pads on the pants. I also like the extra belt loops and the cord style drawstring.

I started with a A3's for both pants and top. I had the overall top lengthened and also the sleeves lengthened. I also had the pants lengthened. After a wash in hot water and a pass through hot dryer everything shrunk to the exact length Killer Bee said it would.

After spending 5 minutes removing a single Killer Bee Gi patch the entire go is white with no decoration.

Shoyoroll The Yank
Atama Gold Weave
Atama Mundial 5
Atama Mundial 9

I like Atama the best. It fits perfect. Shoyoroll is more for taller lanky guys.

I'll probably only wear Atama going forward.

I own 5. One shrunk too much on me and two are torn so I am alternating between a tatami and 93 hook. I like my tatami zero G V2 the most, although I just got the 93 hook so haven't tested it out much.

Well I'm 6'0 and 145~ pounds so the first thing I look for is one that has sizing for me. This might make me a minority but I don't care much for graphics or designs, I don't want anything that will make me stand out. I don't know much about Gis' or how they are built but when looking for a gi I like seeing words like "reinforced" as I have had a few gis tear on me fairly early. I also like a gi with a thin collar and softer material, a training partner had a lucky gi that felt like sand paper.

Are you George Roop?

Atama gold weave
Atama mundial 7
Koral classic
Koral MKM
Tatami Estilo 4
Hayabusa Goorudo
2 Renzo Gracie Gi's but they shrunk too much.

So far my favourites are the Koral MKM, tatami and Hayabusa. Going to throw in a scramble athlete and Moya Saphire kola into the rotation as soon as I get them patches up.

i have 3 soon to be 4
fuji white: fits the best from my poor selection
MMA Outlet Core: I read on here that it was the best affordable gi. I hate this gi. It feels like sandpaper.
fuji summer blue: I bought this because it was on sale and I liked my white fuji, but I didn't see that it doesn't shrink at all and my sleeves are too long. For a summer gi it feels just as think as my regular white one.

ordered a 93 hooks from bjj hq, but haven't gotten it yet.

Mizuno Shiai and Keiko, i like the Keiko more because it fits better and its less hot.

I'm down to 3 right now.

-Padilla & Sons gold weave
-tatami Estillo 4.0 (MMA warehouse limited edition
-CTRL consigliere

Im 6'4, 200 pre cut.

Tatami nova
Tatami estilo classic
Tatami estilo 3
Fuji something or other
Your Jiu Jitsu Gear (awesome plain white gi, no branding at all)

Probably like my Fuji the best, or the estilo 3

Back