How Many Fights Til Justin Gaethje Gets The Call From The UFC?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Arkridge, May 16, 2014.

1. Arkridge

Arkridge Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Justin Gaethje is 11-0 with 9 wins coming by KO, another by sub and just one decision. He's only 25 years old, trains out of Grudge Training Center with Trevor Whittman and a handful of UFC standouts and is set to face off with Nick Newell another 11-0 prospect at WSOF 11. Question is, when do you think he'll get the call to make the transition over to the UFC, if ever?

I think if he beats Newell and than a veteran like Melvin Guillard, he definitely deserves the call. The kid is a monster, exciting as fuck and all the upside in the world. Aggressive striking, especially those leg kicks, a lot of wrestling experience and a nice chin. He'd be another exciting division to the UFC 155 pound roster.

2. benjaminbuttons

benjaminbuttons Banned Banned

Ya probably 2, wont be after Newell. Feel like the Newell fight might almost hurt his stock some how especially if he wins the way i think he does. That fight could potentially get some pretty bad mainstream media.

3. Arkridge

Gotta agree with you. He's going to fuck Newell up and it isn't going to be pretty.

4. JonSnitchPhones

JonSnitchPhones Beastin' 26/9

He's already getting "calls" I'm sure. He has a perfect record, with a solid amount of fights, is entertaining, and has beaten numerous notable names outside major orgs and for the most part in decisive fashion. I mean he has victories over JZ, Cobb, D. Lauzon, Croom, Edwards, Patishnok, Bell, and Fickett. That would be a no brainer signing for UFC if he were in an outright feeder. But Zuffa and their partner WSOF wants to maintain the illusion they aren't an outright feeder, so they can't just relinquish talent as soon as they're ready for the UFC, otherwise they lose their tv deal and thus can't interfere with Bellator's goals as much. So Gaethje will make the transfer to UFC when his initial contract is up, there aren't any challenges left for him, or WSOF goes under. It's hard to say when those things will happen outside within the next year or so.

5. BionicCommando

BionicCommando Silver Belt

I get the feeling WSOF will do everything in their power to keep him under their banner. Even if it means overpaying.

6. emperor

emperor Red Belt

As soon as his contract's up.

7. Arkridge

What makes you think that? WSOF has seemed pretty open to let fighters make their way to the UFC.

8. benjaminbuttons

benjaminbuttons Banned Banned

good lord you are a can