How many fights is Khamzat away from a MW or WW title shot?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Assuming he keeps steamrolling...2? 3? 4?

I say 3 more consecutive W's and he's fighting for a title in Summer '21. The question is against who? Uzman or Izzy?

It should be 3/4 but I can genuinely see the UFC giving it 2 max.

Depends entirely on who he fights. If he steam rolls Wonderboy next I could see him getting a shot immediately after that.

WHEN he steamrolls Wundernutz (terrible matchup for him) .. He's 38 years old for christ sake. Lay up fight ~ Kumquat by SMESHing

Depends on his next opponents. At least 2 more, at most 3 more before the title shot in my opinion though, considering he gets a ranked WW next. I honestly doubt Snoozeman will still be champ but it would be lovely to see toe stomper get dethroned by Chimaev.

I think the UFC will push him quick to send a message to the rest of the division and roster.

A guy willing to fight anyone on short notice without complaining surrounded by fighters managing their "brand", picking opponents, and holding out for undeserved title shots. Basically not taking any risks and asking for big rewards.

It's in the UFC's interest to push this guy so other fighters see this and change how they view the game. For these reasons, he could be a couple fights from a title shot at WW.

Screw it, give him a shot right now. GSP got a title shot after 2 fights in the ufc.

Back