How Many Fights After TUF Before Title Shot in Womens Division

I'd say two wins against good fighters.

Their UFC career will most likely begin with a tune-up fight against a well-known 125'er to get acquaintanced with the infamous "Octagon jitter", followed by 2 quality wins against ranked BWs.

That being said, I do not see the possibility of the TUF 18 winner to get a title shot for the duration of 2014, assuming that even with TUF duties out of the way, Rousey will defend her belt two or three times a year. WMMA Noobs are fond of saying "the talent pool is shallow" just because they lack the ability to name five girls without consulting Fight Finder first, but the rest of us know at least that many ranked women have already staked their spots in line with their winning streak.

Last edited:
It could vary depending on opinion. The opinion of fans, fighters, promoters.
Shayna-Instantaneous
TUF Winner next in line
Most promising talent close behind
Ratings booster gets the shot.

Dodson 3rd fight after TUF was for title but everyone has to realize he dropped a weight class and went to a weight class that only had 8 fighters at the start. There are more women 135 than mens 125 and that these women can not drop a class. Limited depth I say 3-4 fights but honestly the talent already in the UFC much better than in the house, do you think Jessamyn Duke can beat Zingano, McMann, Kaufman, Eye??? I dont think so

Back