How Many Fights After TUF Before Title Shot in Womens Division

MDEmike

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was wondering just how shallow and untested the women's division is. Do you think that the girl who wins the show might actually already be better than Tate or even Ronda. Is that just me be ignorant to their class or could the division really be that shallow?

about the same as the flyweights so yeah 2 or 3 impressive wins and you get a shot

Is that such a bad thing though? I'm so sick of seeing lightweights who will never ever crack the top 20 get a shot while other guys complain about not being able to get a fight. I like when the division is very close among the top 10 guys (or girls) it makes for exciting title bouts.

I could see a female TUF winner getting a win then a tittle shot. Skill level might not be up to par but the name recognition will be there and thats all Zuffa really needs to justify it.

2, not including the finale. Similar to Dodson. Maybe 1 after the finale if the winner gets a lot of ratings. The show is doing well on FS1.

Not even close.

The Rousey-Tate winner then faces Cat Zingano. Either Sara McMann and Alexis Davis could be in line to fight the champion after that. Amanda Nunes and Germaine de Randamie might emerge as contenders. And the Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye fight could setup another major contender. Now that the UFC has held a number of fights, and has booked a bunch more, you are starting to see depth develop in the division.

The TUF girls will probably be more well known than any female fighter not named Ronda, Miesha or Gina thanks to the constant TV exposure. But they have to fight their way up the ladder like everyone else.

Cat gets an automatic shot at Ronda after Ronda breaks Tate's arm right? I'd love to see that fight. I only ask because when Dan Henderson got injured and pulled out of his title fight with Jones, he didn't get an automatic shot at the title when he was healthy again. I want to see a Cat vs. Ronda match.

No way to predict it now
If the winner comes out of the finale dominant & beats a top 5 they could be next after that. Also we all know about injuries changing things

I was wondering just how shallow and untested the women's division is. Do you think that the girl who wins the show might actually already be better than Tate or even Ronda. Is that just me be ignorant to their class or could the division really be that shallow?

Havent watched much invicta fc

Not even close.

The Rousey-Tate winner then faces Cat Zingano. Either Sara McMann and Alexis Davis could be in line to fight the champion after that. Amanda Nunes and Germaine de Randamie might emerge as contenders. And the Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye fight could setup another major contender. Now that the UFC has held a number of fights, and has booked a bunch more, you are starting to see depth develop in the division.

The TUF girls will probably be more well known than any female fighter not named Ronda, Miesha or Gina thanks to the constant TV exposure. But they have to fight their way up the ladder like everyone else.

Ah okay. This makes sense.

Not even close.

The Rousey-Tate winner then faces Cat Zingano. Either Sara McMann and Alexis Davis could be in line to fight the champion after that.

I was totally with you up until here. Zingano and McMann are clearly next in line, with Davis not far behind.

Amanda Nunes and Germaine de Randamie might emerge as contenders. And the Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye fight could setup another major contender. Now that the UFC has held a number of fights, and has booked a bunch more, you are starting to see depth develop in the division.

... and then you lost me.

If the TUF finale does big ratings and if the winner gets another big rating for her first non-TUF fight, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Zuffa moves her to the front of the line. Zuffa won't waste a potential big fight over something as silly as merit. If they think Ronda versus TUF winner is the biggest 'money fight' out there, they'll make that fight. Merit be damned.

I think it depends in who wins.

If it's Racozy, I'd say she needs a few more fights until she gets one, just because her record would make her a hard sell as someone worthy of a title shot. There's plenty of time too, because of Tate, then Zingano, and possibly McMann getting shots in the interim.

Btw, Invicta FC should be required viewing by anyone commenting on the whole of WMMA in this forum.

I was totally with you up until here. Zingano and McMann are clearly next in line, with Davis not far behind.

Hold on a minute about McMann. Didn't she just pull out of a fight with Sarah Kaufman with no explanation? How is she next in line after Zingano?

Hold on a minute about McMann. Didn't she just pull out of a fight with Sarah Kaufman with no explanation? How is she next in line after Zingano?

For marketing reasons.

Zuffa sees $$$$ in promoting the Olympian versus Olympian fight and have visions of it becoming the Liddell-Couture of WMMA. They also want to be sure to book the first installment while both of them are undefeated, and the longer they wait the more things that can go wrong.

Did she?

Damn Kaufman has the hardest time finding opponents. She's too tough a fight.

Did she?

Damn Kaufman has the hardest time finding opponents. She's too tough a fight.

Kaufman/McMann was booked on the Condit/Kampman card in Indianapolis. When McMann pulled out for "personal reasons", the UFC could not find an opponent for Kaufman, pulled her off the card, and rescheduled her with a new opponent (Jessica Eye). Neither McMann or the UFC has addressed the reason McMann pulled out and have just gone on like the fight was never announced and never existed, which I find really strange.

All depends what happens on the show really- say someone from Team Tate wins it and gives Ronda shit throughout the whole show, UFC could see a very easily marketable fight should Ronda get past Meisha again and the TUF winner wins one fight.

Probably depends who wins, what her record is like. Maybe after 3-4 fights for most; given how slow the division is moving the women already mentioned in this thread that seem to be in line of a title shot will have either had the shot or lost before getting that shot.

If a fighter with a lot of fights (like Baszler) was to win the show, I could see her getting a title fight after 2 wins.

Are any of them better than Rousey? No. Maybe down the line but not in the near future.
Tate? Haven't seen enough competition to make a judgment but it wouldn't surprise me.

Back