How many fights a year should a fighter have?

the last guy i can think of who had 4 fights in a year is jones.

He only had about a month to prepare for rua after defeating bader. Wow.

His next fight will be at the end of april.

7 damn months after his last fight. Wtf?

tuf

I would say two, and three at the very most, in a twelve month period.

Donald Cerrone had FIVE fights in 2011 and claimed that it really took a toll on him and wore him down towards the end. All the weight cutting, training, injuries, and stress can be really rough on a fighter. As a result his fifth fight performance was somewhat disappointing when compared to his first four.

Now Cerrone is a tough dude and five really pushed him to his limit so I'd say probably 3-4 should be about right. Less if a fighter is badly injured or needs time off.

I think 3 would be ideal.

It's hard to determine where a fighter's truly at or say he's the "goat" when he's only fighting once every 1 1/2 years.

I like that guys like Rory quickly got fights booked for early next year just after coming off a fight. None of this waiting years to fight nonsense.

Three seems about right.

TUF really fucks things up with the timing.

2.5 average a year for the champ.
3 for top 10 fighters.
4 plus for prospects.

the more the better, i'd say 3 at the very least.

I think 3 would be ideal.

It's hard to determine where a fighter's truly at or say he's the "goat" when he's only fighting once every 1 1/2 years.

I like that guys like Rory quickly got fights booked for early next year just after coming off a fight. None of this waiting years to fight nonsense.

Rory is 23, when he is in a position to fight only once per year, he will fight only once per year.

Terrible thread/

Some guys fight 3 times in a night.

Travis Fulton averages over 19 fights a year, not including his boxing career.

Now, not everyone should be pushing themselves to the limit, but guys can certainly fight 5 times a year.

These 8/12 week training camps are ridiculous. Especially for these guys who complain about fighter pay. Stay in shape, stay in the gym, and fight more than twice a year. Stop taking cheeseburger vacations after every fight.

Well disregarding injuries. 4 is optimal. One fight every 3 months.

2-3 a year.

3-4 for top fighters
4-5 for non ranked
5-7 for prospects

To have fighters fight as many times as some people are asking, the UFC would need to either cut 20% of its roster, or add another 6 events to their calendar (without bringing in new talent like Strikeforce).

2-3 a year.

To have fighters fight as many times as some people are asking, the UFC would need to either cut 20% of its roster, or add another 6 events to their calendar (without bringing in new talent like Strikeforce).

Or add a weekly prospects fight card on fuel...

When you ask fans how often they would like fights more often is always going to be the answer.

3-4 times is reasonable. Some guys would fight 6 times if offered, short notice step ups from top fighters should be more well compensated and therefore more frequent. If you paid time and a half the contracted amount for short notice, fighters would stay in cut shape.

wat

so ur saying cuz hes young he should fight once a year

terrible p0ster

You must have a comprehension problem. He is fighting 3 times per year because he is young, because he is a prospect not a champion. When/If he reaches a point in his career where he is in a position of power i.e: A champion who has been fighting 10-15+ years he can fight once per year if he chooses.

Using Rory as an example for some fighters competing less than 3 times per year is ridiculous.

Learn to read.

You must have a comprehension problem. He is fighting 3 times per year because he is young, because he is a prospect not a champion. When/If he reaches a point in his career where he is in a position of power i.e: A champion who has been fighting 10-15+ years he can fight once per year if he chooses.

Using Rory as an example for some fighters competing less than 3 times per year is ridiculous.

Learn to read.

take your own advice "trollinator"

re-read the op, I said I liked the fact that Rory booked another fight quickly, retard.

take your own advice "trollinator"

re-read the op, I said I liked the fact that Rory booked another fight quickly, retard.

It's irrelevant. Your thread is useless. How many fights should fighters take per year... How long is a piece of string.

There is no set standard for how many fights a fighter takes per year. Every fighter is in a differant position under differant circumstances.

Your a moron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back