How many fighters are introduced using their nickname instead of their last name:

The UFC certainly did, at least up to a point.

If it's the fighter's choice, all well and good. I have no problem with that. I have just seen old Pride events, for example, where how they were called changed from one time to the next. Ok, never mind, next dumb thread. Funny to me how I posted this useless thread and it gets to a second page, but a thread I created before about a really interesting discussion with the people who run the UG and Rogan, and it goes almost nowhere:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/jre-serious-discussion-about-pace-change-mma-3042603/

Well comparing a event in Japan with America's UFC it's normal had some differences, like USA wanted to say the last name of peopple, when in Japan they just repeat the sound they listen, so you will se Ryoto Machita in Pride.

Another thing is that long carrer fighters had names and nicknames changed, I saw Wanderlei Silva being called Vanderlei, Ronaldinho, "Mad Dog", Axe Murderer, Silva and finally Wanderlei Silva.

Back