How many doggers could do the One Punch Man training?

In 2005 we were running for hours.

Apparently, studies found that up to 60% of medical discharges were due to skeletal injuries caused by high stress activities such as long distance running. The new Army Fitness Test places more emphasis on explosive power and upper body strength. It includes a Trap Bar Dead Lift, 6 x 25 meter Sprints and a 2 mile run.

Apparently, studies found that up to 60% of medical discharges were due to skeletal injuries caused by high stress activities such as long distance running. The new Army Fitness Test places more emphasis on explosive power and upper body strength. It includes a Trap Bar Dead Lift, 6 x 25 meter Sprints and a 2 mile run.
Knees were an issue and the gravel that was placed everywhere in the middle east was tearing people's legs apart.

Everyone I knew that was airborne had bad knees.

Knees were an issue and the gravel that was placed everywhere in the middle east was tearing people's legs apart.

I imagine the impact from parachute landings wouldn't help either.

10k every day would destroy your knees and kill any gains you got from the other stuff.

You have go give yourself recovery days or you will keep your body in a constant broken down state. That's not a smart workout.

I agree. I don't think people realise the volume that 10k a day represents.

Is it even possible for non-trained runners?

That's like almost two marathons per week. WTF.

Fuck it I am going to go as far as call BS on average joes who claim to have pulled it off without getting chronic injuries.

that was literally PT every day in the Army in my Infantry unit
you have to run on your toes, or else you'll have serious knee issues from all that pavement pounding

i dont' want to become a bald fuck, so i will stay from it anyway

52897e27976e3588a32c0c50ecfff19f.jpg

I ran 1000 miles in 2017, and my wife had our second baby in the summer. It’s absolutely achievable, but you’ve got to want to do it.

At my peak I’d run 20k before work and lift heavy weights for an hour at lunch. I couldn’t walk straight most of the time, but if you make it your routine - and men tend to be good at that - you’d be surprised what you can accomplish.

I'm 32 and been running since was 19.

An average length run for me is 8k on my lunch break or on an evening ill do 10-20k.

If you're used it and pace yourself it's not a big deal.

If I'm racing I'd aim for under 45mins but if I do a 55minute pace it's easy could do that everyday no problem.

I roll out of bed and do 100 pressups most mornings and I can't see the sit ups and squats being too much of a problem.

Cameron Hanes is 50 years old and he runs a marathon distance every single day when he's training for ultras and he's still jacked from weight lifting, he would laugh at this workout.

"If you're used to it" is a pretty big caveat though, considering this is being posted as a "youtube challenge" which tend to be specifically aimed at the uninitiated. Somebody that's not used to it is definitely going to risk serious damage if they try and start with 10k runs every single day without testing how much their body can take first.

I'm 32 and been running since was 19.

An average length run for me is 8k on my lunch break or on an evening ill do 10-20k.

If I'm racing I'd aim for under 45mins but if I do a 55minute pace it's easy could do that everyday no problem.

I roll out of bed and do 100 pressups most mornings and I can't see the sit ups and squats being too much of a problem.

Cameron Hanes is 50 years old and he runs a marathon distance every single day when he's training for ultras and he's still jacked from weight lifting, he would laugh at this workout.
Cameron Hanes does not run everyday. I just watched an interview with him talking about it.
He NORMALLY doesn’t run on his lifting days , and ALWAYS has break days during the week even Marathkn training.

He was one of the first ones I started researching.

I don’t doubt he could do it, he just doesn’t, by his own words.

Do you run EVERY SINGLE DAY?

That’s seems to be the killer over time.

Cameron Hanes does not run everyday. I just watched an interview with him talking about it.
He NORMALLY doesn’t run on his lifting days , and ALWAYS has break days during the week even Marathkn training.

Maybe not but he did Moab a few months back and that's 370km and he did it in 3 days, 37 days worth of one punch man runs.

I run usually 4 days a week, I only run on trails now. Running on roads or sidewalk will really pound your joints.

Maybe not but he did Moab a few months back and that's 370km and he did it in 3 days, 37 days worth of one punch man runs.

I run usually 4 days a week, I only run on trails now. Running on roads or sidewalk will really pound your joints.
Oh I know he’s a very accomplished runner.

I was just stating that not even he runs EVERY DAY, I’m sure there are some thay do, it I haven’t found them yet.

It's a joke workout. Anyone that's trained seriously for a combat sport has done much more punishing shit than this. Hell, Jake fucking Gyllenhaal crushed this workout doing training for Southpaw:

Morning Run
Gyllenhaal was already a runner before linking up with Claybon, but what was once hobby became religion. He started off at three miles every morning, but by the end was running 8 miles every day before the training really began. “I didn’t feel right if I didn’t get my roadwork in,” admits Gyllenhaal.

Jump Rope
They started out the morning training session with 15 minutes of jump rope and while Billy Hope seems to use a jump rope with ease during Southpaw, Claybon says that was just Gyllenhaal’s dedication in practice.

Footwork Drills
They would then start the boxing drills with Gyllenhaal focusing on his footwork and defensive movement for three rounds, nine minutes, with the traditional quick break between. “Defense was the most important thing for us to practice, because he was really going to get hit and he needed to protect himself,” says Claybon.

Shadow Boxing
They would follow the defense drills with forward-step movements, throwing different punches and learning the professional combinations that would be used in the movie for six rounds, 18 minutes. Though Gyllenhaal admits that at first he felt “stupid” shadowboxing, the results were undeniable.

Bag Work
Traveling from heavy bag or speed bag, for three rounds, nine minutes each, were a constant during the morning and afternoon training sessions. Claybon would wrap Gyllenhaal’s hands before they moved their way to the heavy bag and focused on precision, utilizing the bag strap, teaching the perfect punch. They also made stops at the double-end bag, working more on mixing offensive and defensive motions, and the speed bag.

Conditioning & Strength
Claybon wanted to keep the workouts based in making Gyllenhaal more comfortable with his own body, so reps were taken over the use of any weights and only a few machines were used. They started off with 500 sit-ups a day, slowly increasing the amount until they were clocking in about 2,000. For additional upper body training there were 100 pull-ups, dips, and push-ups. In addition, many boxing gyms consider the medicine ball an invaluable resource and Claybon is no exception, incorporating spinning drills to increase punching speed.

The Tire
The two favorite tools utilized at Fuqua’s production-office-turned-gym were a sledgehammer and a 250-lb tractor tire, which Gyllenhaal had the pleasure of lifting up and flipping over around 20 times a day, a move that is captured in the film. When he wasn’t flipping it, he was pounding it with the sledgehammer in 3-minute sessions.

Diet
Gyllenhaal laughs off the thought of a restricted diet. “We trained really hard every day, all day, and you can eat a lot when you’re in that mode.” When pushed to remember a particular meal, “It was always high protein. I remember eating a lot of Chipotle.”

For reference, a 10k is 6.2 miles. Any pro boxer was probably outperforming this workout in his teens.

I've cut back to 5 miles every other day so this really wouldn't be an issue. Idk where this bad knees shite is coming from - unless you've been running on pavement in metal boots your whole life your knees should be in good condition. Last time I went to the doctor's we were talking about taking care of your joints and she's probably in her 50s telling me about the marathon she's getting ready for.

Every single day? for 3 years?

I've cut back to 5 miles every other day so this really wouldn't be an issue.

Exactly.. Every OTHER day. So not 7/365 for 3 years.

To people itt that says this is "joke" training. None of you actually did it before, at least NOT exactly what it requires. Heck, I can do the pushup, squats and situps parts easy too. I can probably run 10km after a week or so of training. 10km running is doable, maybe easily after training. But the key of this regiment is EVERYDAY.
No breaks, no rest day; continuously and not just for a week, not for a month but for 3 years.

It's not as easy as people itt that claim it is even if you've been training. It takes tremendous discipline not just physical fitness.

Every single day? for 3 years?

Exactly.. Every OTHER day. So not 7/365 for 3 years.

To people itt that says this is "joke" training. None of you actually did it before, at least NOT exactly what it requires. Heck, I can do the pushup, squats and situps parts easy too. I can probably run 10km after a week or so of training. 10km running is doable, maybe easily after training. But the key of this regiment is EVERYDAY.
No breaks, no rest day; continuously and not just for a week, not for a month but for 3 years.

It's not as easy as people itt that claim it is even if you've been training. It takes tremendous discipline not just physical fitness.
<{monica}>

The running wouldn't be sustainable. 10k every day?

Not only would it be very demotivating to have to run that distance every day, but you'd almost certainly injure yourself, by wearing out your knees/shins at the very least.

Long distance running is an endeavor which requires adequate recovery time.

If you go from not running at all to running 10k a day, your will probably get injured.

Do-able if you ease into in though, I think people in here are underestimating how much some people run.

I ran since I was in middle school all the way until I was 37, I ran more than that on a daily basis, really that’s only 42ish miles which is prettt low for people serious about distance running, I ran 70mpw for years on end and as much as 95mpw during peak marathon and mountain expedition training.

Luckily I broke my ankle last year so I have an excuse to stop that shit.

Wouldn’t jumping out of airplanes and hitting the ground at 30mph be at least partially responsible for wear and tear on the knees?

Cameron Haines is a pussy.

Nah just joking.

I like the Mahoney Diet better

Eat lots of pizza

do lots of muay thai 5 days a week

run once a month to safeway or the liquor store

Back