how many days before a tournament do you stop rolling to let your body recover?

I wish the real world was like Dragonball, and you could always train to failure, take a nap, eat a big lunch and be completely recovered. You could train hard up until like 4 hours before competitions.

steroids. theres your answer. Other than they are illegal and have bad side effects.

I wish the real world was like dragonball and we could go into that place where you go train and time freezes and the gravity is higher so I could go in there with roger gracie and train for 10 years and come out the same age and same belt (white) one day later in real time and completely smash everyone in every tourney and be a complete prodigy (or so they would think) lol

LOL Yeah I was going to say... there are better reasons to wish the world was like Dragonball!

3-5 days of nothingness before MAJOR tournaments (worlds/pan ams). And I feel fucking delightful.

As per the other thread:

Train properly, not super hard, but like a normal session, the afternoon two days before tournament. Then take the night off, and the whole day before off.

Before majors, because I'm usually travelling, I'm often forced to take slightly longer off, usually three or four days.

Which probably helps, although sometimes you can feel a little bit rusty. This is why I quite liked having the absolute the day before your actual division.

But hey! The new way is good too.

Take care,

Oli

Back