How many consecutive wins would Paul Felder need to get a LW title shot?

He needs 1 big win, that's it.

Then he needs to be ready if someone gets injured in a title fight.

Otherwise he needs 2 wins.

0. He just needs to talk shit and develop a WWE character. Merit is worthless now

Beat 5 of top 10
Ferguson
Justin
Conor
Dustin
Charles

Do we really see Felder winning the belt here guys? Conor and Dustin Ko him, Tony will do his usual onslaught, and so will Gaethje

Depends who he beats, if he beats RDA then can finagle himself into a Tony/Gaethje fight and wins then I don’t see why he wouldn’t get one then

Don't the "ohhh" and the "ahhhs" from the crowd happen when a fighter throws a haymaker or a punch that would almost guarantee a knockout and the other guy dodges it?

But then this is a sport where a punch/head kick that could be a glancing blow can actually KO opponents until you look at it in slow-mo and it turns out that it was a solid hit.

announcers are t the crowd obscured by a chain link fence. I don’t know if you’ve been to a ufc event. But no matter how close you are you can’t see shit.

that’s why people close to the cage are looking at the big screens. The commentators looking that the screen. Dana white looking at the screen.

you call what is happening. Not over exhausted joy that somebody punched or kicked.

He could easily slide into a title shot if someone is injured and he's the next man up. It could be the promotion hooking him up for stepping in on short notice to save the day.
I would not be at all surprised if Felder had somehow like this into his contract for this fight. He is stepping in on short notice to save the day, and I’m sure did not sign until he knew it would be worth his while. I can easily see the UFC throwing something like that out there to sweeten the pot for him.

A lot. He doesn't even belong in contendership. He'd have to beat literally everyone in the division ranked above him in a row.

Felder's a fresh matchup to a lot of the top 5 LW guys so with a couple wins (assuming he beats RDA), he can easily slip in and get a shot, especially if it's a short notice thing.

Do we really see Felder winning the belt here guys? Conor and Dustin Ko him, Tony will do his usual onslaught, and so will Gaethje

I've said this before but to me Paul Felder's could easily become the next Michael Bisping, fight his whole career without ever getting a title shot, only to be gifted the chance because no one else is available to step up and then boom flash ko win in a fight that he is heavily favored to lose only to defend the title as well. Otherwise I don't ever see him actually earning the shot, but stepping in on short notice has created several different champions to fighters who otherwise would never have any business getting the shot in the first place. Yes Felder does what it takes when presented the opportunity.

Back