How many consecutive wins would Paul Felder need to get a LW title shot?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Current ranking: #7

I thought he beat Dan Hooker back in February. He should've got the decision. That would've put him around 3 or 4 ranked with 3 consecutive wins. Should he beat RDA...I think a fight w/ Gaethje or Ferguson would be an awesome fight.

Probably two more wins over top 10 guys after RDA plus when he does commentary he could trash all the other contenders while simultaneously hype himself up to get the casual fans behind him
tenor.gif

Best bet is to just stay in the mix, stay ready, and take a short notice fight if someone drops at this point. He's right up there but there's so many guys near the top. If he beats 2 or 3 more top guys he could be next.

Gaethje ducked him already and Poirier doesn't seem too keen on fighting so maybe a win over Tony would put him right there.

I think he's too old to go on a title run. He'll need at least 3 wins, he'll be 37 by the time he gets that title shot and that's assuming he wins 3 in a row.

2 and help. or 3.
Sounds like a reasonable answer.
He'd probably want wins against RDA and an opponent higher (or on a similar rank) than him for him to justify calling a title shot though.

RDA, Poirier/Gaetjhe in that order.

The top of the LW division is a mess right now. Shit needs some time to clear out first.

Edit just remembered the top of the LW division has been a mess for years now. How fucking sad for a stacked division.

If you're going to point out that he should have gotten the nod vs Hooker, you should also point out he was gifted the W vs Barboza.

Last edited:
2 and help. or 3.
Sounds about right. He'll need to beat two higher ranked fighters and have the stars align. He could easily slide into a title shot if someone is injured and he's the next man up. It could be the promotion hooking him up for stepping in on short notice to save the day.

beat rda-then fill in for chandler vs tony and end up fighting chandler and winning--then fight mcgregor in ireland

Him behaving like he did after the Barboza fight really lost me as a fan forever.

For the last couple years beating rda at 170 grants you a title shot. So pretty quick.

He cant. He wont. I dont get the respect for this guy. Never have.

he’s a fun fighter. Generally has his foot on the gas. Has been in a lot of pretty damn good fights.

I don’t get the love on the commentary for Paul. But all the ufc commentators are so bad. Especially if you’ve been around prize fighting for a significant amount of time.

it’s all ohhhhs and aaahhhhs. Whenever someone throws.
If a glancing blow lands. He’s hurt!!!
elite skill of wmma. It’s just dishonesty and making fights exciting for the fans despite nothing really meaningful happening.
No announcer dares says this fight is boring. Or what is he doing. He’s down 2 rounds and coasting the last round not trying to win.

there is very rarely anything negatively said about a fighter and what he’s doing.

I’ve watched mma since the 90s. And participated in boxing and followed boxing since the 80s

boxing to this day will call a spade a spade. And aren’t dishonest about what you’re watching. Although the last couple years that has been a trend.

they’re filling commentary roles with screws. Who praise everything a fighter does. And doesn’t call out the obvious.

these guys will tell you with a straight face roxeanne modeffari is crisp on the feet and moves around like a spider on the ground.

Don’t trust your lying eyes. Everything everyone does is the greatest and all fighters are infallible.

but what was the original question??

Company man who jumps in short notice to save cards.

I say if he wins this one in an impressive fashion he is 1 fight away from a TS

it’s all ohhhhs and aaahhhhs. Whenever someone throws.
If a glancing blow lands. He’s hurt!!!
Don't the "ohhh" and the "ahhhs" from the crowd happen when a fighter throws a haymaker or a punch that would almost guarantee a knockout and the other guy dodges it?

But then this is a sport where a punch/head kick that could be a glancing blow can actually KO opponents until you look at it in slow-mo and it turns out that it was a solid hit.

Back