How many Colby Covington fans do we have here in sherdog ?

b32.jpg

Mostly dummies and trolls.

Wouldn't call myself a fan per se, but I have always thought he was a beast wrestler.

You filthy fucking try hard. You don't have to tear down your Murilo Bustamante shrine (didn't we all have one of those at some point, LOL sheesh, good times) just because Cody's awesome.

Well I for one happen to like Cheetos.

I would lick the lint off this guy's nutsack

That's how much I love him

I used to think he was a total dork, but now his stupid WWE act is kinda entertaining to me.

Yeah this character he has created seems a bit manufactured, but its entertaining and he is a good fighter.
Also I think its refreshing since most of the well known sports figures in the NFL and NBA and stuff are whiny SJW"s

He surely does. I've seen at least one Colby AV on here. I'm not personally a fan but I don't really dislike the guy either. I just don't find his schtick or his fighting style entertaining. That being said, I was impressed when he beat RDA.

He's one of the most well-adapted wrestlers I've seen come from an NCAA background into MMA.

Him and Gregor Gillespie both are guys that are fascinating for me to watch due to the seamless nature of their transitions from striking to grappling - a quality that, for example, the GOAT Georges St-Pierre used to dominate elite wrestlers with in the grappling department. I see huge potential in guys that have that level of fluidity, and that makes them very interesting to follow on the long-term as they add more tools and experience into their games.

Do I like Colby's professional wrestler-esque persona? That would be a no. But I can't deny the fact that I do enjoy the reactions he sets off here on Sherdog, especially with the boomerang incident and him having the fucking balls to call the cops on Werdum. I realize how contradictory that sounds with, you know, a professional fighter calling the cops to defend him against another pro fighter, but if you really think about it, he did that move knowing full-well that he would risk alienating himself from the MMA inside bubble and being the target of mockery for years to come from not just the UFC fanbase but also his peers themselves.

Colby is actually more Diaz than a Diaz, and in my eyes has made some pretty respectable sacrifices in terms of establishing himself as a heel and getting his name into the mainstream.

i prefer colby over woodley. but its a long stretch to call myself a colby fan.....

Wouldn't call myself a fan per se, but I have always thought he was a beast wrestler.

That's how I feel. Not a Colby hater, he's doing what works in this day and age, but I'm not one of his followers. In a way he's like Chael, you aren't sure what's real or what's bullshit, but at least he's not trying to be the typical "whoever the UFC puts in front of me" kind of guy that doesn't get good fights and complains later he isn't being promoted. You gotta do it yourself sometimes.

I don't dislike him. He's a bit of a bore and not very entertaining/interesting

Colby is the god of the UFC. He runs the UFC management team, he lives in every single fans head rent free, and he triggers Tyron 'The Racist' Woodley. What more can you ask for from a super GOAT?

Im a fan of all high level fighters no matter what political stans they have or what kind of interviews they give. After all Im here to watch the best fight the best and Im always rooting for the best man to win. Fandom based on personality is borderline retarded IMO.

Back