How many classes can you take per day?

Well, someone should.

Latflare is getting raped.

Well, I'm not just standing here, I'm eating popcorn.

why want to lose 50 lbs as fast as you can? i think if you just steadily train and not go balls out. you wouldn't get injured as much. training 6 days a week is a lot already, although it can also depend on your pace.

Currently I'm unemployed and have only about 1-2 months to drop the weight. Once I get a job, I won't be sure how many classes I can attend. So I'm trying lose as much I can right now, learn as much boxing, muay thai technique so I can work out on my own. The reason I need to drop the weight is due to serious health concerns.

I wish I can take it slow and steady but I can't right now.

I've been down to one a day 3-4 times a week due to scheduling issues. But I have in the past done several night a week of 3.5-4 hours on the mat.

I recently went to a NoGi and had the hardest most tiring workout in my life. I lost 2lbs of weight from that class. I thought it was all water weight but that was a couple of days ago and it's still off.

Last edited:
The human body can handle a lot but you have to build up to it. I'd add a few more classes each week and see how your body feels. Since you have concerns about prior injuries you don't want to rush in and end up injured. Also be careful with dropping the caloric intake too low, that can lead to injuries as well. The most important thing is to listen to your body.

Great advice. Yes, I'm figuring things out and testing how my body does. Listening to my body.

To me the schedule you laid out looks insane but if the classes involve a lot of technique work and not much conditioning it could be doable.

I make sure I pace myself in the conditioning portions and I'm only going all out maybe 4 times a week.

Last edited:
I have done 14 classes in a week some of which were conditioning but I ramped up to that.

I suggest doing something you know you can do and then slowly adding more to it, seeing how you feel. You seem to have lots of free time so getting extra rest will help.

But really if you are doing this to lose weight you should do something that you can maintain long term.
For example 10 classes a week 2 weeks a month, isn't anywhere near as good as 6 classes a week all month.

Back