How many claps can you do during a plyo pushup?

Urban said:
Fuck... I just tried to do a pushup with a clap behind my back... luckily my head and dick broke my fall... fuck that hurt.

harsh,haha...

got 3, tried 4 and crushed my hands :-D

it can be done though.

Try this: These are to be done back to back with no rest in between. The goal is to land in the shoulder width pushup position while coming down from the diamond pushup and so on...

Diamond pushup, clap
should width pushup, clap
wide pushup, clap
repeat until its easy, then add a second clap or elevate your feet

BTW Urban, I can manage two claps per pushup without embarrassing myself. When I try for a third I eat shit shortly after what can only be described as a "bitch clap"

Personally I just activated my backflaps on the way up from the push-up. Then while hovering over the ground I did eleventy billion claps for the ultimate plyo-push-up known to man.

War backflaps for teh win11111!

KOU In3 said:
Personally I just activated my backflaps on the way up from the push-up. Then while hovering over the ground I did eleventy billion claps for the ultimate plyo-push-up known to man.

War backflaps for teh win11111!

but how's your form though?...

i can do 2
i have never attempted 3, but i'll give it a shot tomorow, i didnt know people went past 2!
i am usually pretty good at BW stuff, so i think i can do it.
behind the back is impressive.

i can do two. not trying behind the back, i like my pretty face.

3 in front. also, one in front, one behind the head and then one more in front. i haven't tried clapping behind the back. is that harder than behind the head?

for a REAL challenge, try the reverse: planche push ups.

go into push-up position, lower down flat on your belly, push up and lift your entire body off the floor - hands still in contact with the floor - (also, no pushing with the feet, that's cheating), then lower back down to your belly.

after you get those, try to add a clap, so your entire body is off the floor - including hands.

after that, instead of doing a clap, you touch your toes...

i have done all of these except for the planche toe-touch ones.

i've seen this dude at gymnastics do clap, toe-touch, clap planche push-ups... mind blowing.

another dude, he can do clapping planche push ups without laying on the floor... he does a planche, lowers down almost to the floor, explodes up, claps, and catches the floor again without laying down and presses back into a planche. talk about crazy...

for those that don't know, THIS IS A PLANCHE

Get in a pu position, left hand is on floor, right hand on a bosu ball, go down, push up, clap, then your left hand is on bosu ball and right hand is on the floor..Cool exercise..

I finally tried this and I managed to get 2. But that was after a bit of practice and refining my technique. I'm very impressed with people who are comfortable getting 3 claps!

You pussie's,i can manage 18 claps with ease..... :eek:

Back