How many calories should i consume as an mma fighter?

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many calories should i consume as an mma fighter a day and should i drink protein shakes? Oh and i'm trying to gain weight so i can be in the featherweight division in mma.

There is no set number just as there is no set number to how much fuel I'll need to drive across town. Depends on the car, fuel source, economy, conditions etc.

So, whatever you currently eat makes you whatever you currently weigh. If you want to gain weight add (on average) more fuel. Add a few hundred calories to your daily average.
Let's say you eat 2,200 cals a day and weigh 135. You would increase your cals to 2,500 and your weight would start to increase.

If you don't know how many calories you eat on average then just imagine whatever you currently eat plus an extra small meal a day (perhaps a protein shake).

How have you not been banned yet for making retarded threads?

There is no set number just as there is no set number to how much fuel I'll need to drive across town. Depends on the car, fuel source, economy, conditions etc.

So, whatever you currently eat makes you whatever you currently weigh. If you want to gain weight add (on average) more fuel. Add a few hundred calories to your daily average.
Let's say you eat 2,200 cals a day and weigh 135. You would increase your cals to 2,500 and your weight would start to increase.

If you don't know how many calories you eat on average then just imagine whatever you currently eat plus an extra small meal a day (perhaps a protein shake).

Should i take supplements

You have been directed to the Faqs many times but it seems you would rather have others do the work for you or spoonfeed you the info. If anyone could benefit from reading the faqs it's probably you. Some of your post show that you appear to have almost no basic knowledge about some of these subjects which is a huge component of what the faqs help with. Reading the faqs would have enabled you to ask better questions and get yourself ahead, assuming you have serious athletic goals.

Some of your posts seem inflammatory and rude for no reason and just a general waste of some good people's time when they are making a real effort to help. This is deplorable.

If your posts are all sincere then I just hope things get better for you. If you are a troll then know that the way you are going about it is not appreciated in many forums that have an educational aspect to them. So, Stop.

Should i take supplements

If you are in going to try to deny what I wrote above then I would definitely recommend one or maybe even two ten ounce bottles of magnesium citrate before bed nightly. Maybe something to make sure you get a good solid nights sleep would help as well. Try the lemon flavor, it's yummy. Best served chilled.

How many calories should i consume as an mma fighter a day and should i drink protein shakes? Oh and i'm trying to gain weight so i can be in the featherweight division in mma.

calories are for the weak

Yes. As an MMA fighter you should most defintely consume calories. You should also consume calories to gain weight to be in the featherweight division. Im so excited to see WMMA inspiring women to compete in combat sports. Goodluck with that.

Yes. As an MMA fighter you should most defintely consume calories. You should also consume calories to gain weight to be in the featherweight division. Im so excited to see WMMA inspiring women to compete in combat sports. Goodluck with that.

You think im a woman really man really you have no brain whatsoever

Bulking up for a featherweight division eh?

Problem?

I don't suggest bulking up to go to these weight classes because the strength to bodyweight ratio tradeoff is rarely there, so i'd suggest staying at 125 or 135 whatever is natural to the OP, and only moving up to 145 if they have good success.

Problem?

I don't suggest bulking up to go to these weight classes because the strength to bodyweight ratio tradeoff is rarely there, so i'd suggest staying at 125 or 135 whatever is natural to the OP, and only moving up to 145 if they have good success.

Nah i'm just going to get to walking weight of 160 lbs and then go into the featherweight division

I don't recommend it but good luck to you.

Figure out ur maintenance calories and add 300 calories on top of that. Also start lifting weights. That is unless you just wanna get fat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back