How many bJJ black belts in canada

Even though Bibiano is Brazilian he still lives here. It's like taking Soares off the list for being brazilian even though he's been here for 10 years!

nice list fatu. I didn't see anyone mention Kang until you.

Kevin Taylor from Titans has his BB (under Renzo Gracie) now...

not sure about Peter, I'll confirm it next time I see him at the club

Looks like Peter Martell can be added to the list of Canadian BB's

I'm pretty sure some dude named Georges St.Pierre is a BJJ Black Belt... you probably heard of him a few times.

Confirming on Peter Martell and Kevin Taylor. Kevin Taylor is black under Renzo, and has a red stripe. Kevin Taylor is, along with Wrestling coach Corey Robinson, the best instructor I have ever trained under. I trained at Titans before coming to Kuwait for the summer (at GB Kuwait under a brown under Drac named Ahmed Alhouli now).

I went to BJJ at Titans between wrestling seasons in High school, and I'll never forget the way, if he watched you struggle or make a mistake, he would work with you throughout the move until you finished correctly. Yelling the whole time as if he was frustrated with something internal about the move rather than you!

Peter Martell is a physical beast, and a black belt under Renzo, a terrifying combination.

Dave Dayboll is a black belt under Royler Gracie/David Adiv in Port Colbourne, Ontario.

Fun to see an old thread faithfully updated.

FitPlus currently has a 6th degree black belt guest instructor,

Even though Bibiano is Brazilian he still lives here. It's like taking Soares off the list for being brazilian even though he's been here for 10 years!

If you're counting Bibiano, you might as well count Thiago Gonclaves. Same deal as him.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any black belts in Nova Scotia. Peter Martell at Titans is a brown under Renzo. I think Rowan Cunningham at Abhaya is also a brown.

There are a few purples that I know of. The most notable being TJ Grant (FitPlus,) Jake MacKenzie and Chris Hughes (both teach in Truro.)

Actually Peter and Kevin from Titans are black belts...

Back