How many align with a party out of disdain?

I think that's going a little far. Probably true of the right more, in that the emotional core of conservative politics is despair so supporters don't expect anything positive.

Despair is a sin!

But its a good point: common enemies is the best way to unite a disparate group of weirdos.

Despair is a sin!

But its a good point: common enemies is the best way to unite a disparate group of weirdos.

Well, disparate groups of weirdos can also be brought together to achieve different goals. That's our two major models. On the right, no problem is solvable or real, or if it is, any particular solution won't work/will make things worse, or if it would work, no one is truly trying to implement it; but on the other hand, the other guys are evil monsters, and at least we're honest about fucking you over. On the left, if you just vote along with these other people you hate, you'll get the fix for your issue, and they'll get the fix for their issue that you don't care about.

Well, disparate groups of weirdos can also be brought together to achieve different goals. That's our two major models. On the right, no problem is solvable or real, or if it is, any particular solution won't work/will make things worse, or if it would work, no one is truly trying to implement it; but on the other hand, the other guys are evil monsters, and at least we're honest about fucking you over. On the left, if you just vote along with these other people you hate, you'll get the fix for your issue, and they'll get the fix for their issue that you don't care about.

Whats your take on the polls being very wrong.

The vote that way basically means you are uninformed or don't even have an ideology you agree with. Most I would say are just uninformed.

Whats your take on the polls being very wrong.

Still waiting to see how it all shakes out. Possible outcome at this point is normal polling error overall + the expected amount of <5% events (i.e., around 5% of the many different elections).

I only support gridlock and don't want 1 party in charge of everything no matter who the party is.

In my experience only folks that support the GOP do this. People that support Dems typically want some affirmative change, better healthcare, better policy, etc. The only idiots who vote just to watch other people squirm & suffer (this is very sociopathic behavior when you think about it) vote for Republicans.
Is that why you voted for Joe Biden?

<{MingNope}>

I only support gridlock and don't want 1 party in charge of everything no matter who the party is.

Is that why you voted for Joe Biden?

<{MingNope}>
No, the vote for Biden was to prevent a mad man from having 4 more years of destroying the country.

Anyone start to support a party just out of mere annoyance or hatred for the opposite party?
No.. I lead I don't follow. I don't do fads.... If everyone is doing it? I'm not.

No, the vote for Biden was to prevent a mad man from having 4 more years of destroying the country.
You should start a thread that is a moosaev vs moosaev debate.

In my experience only folks that support the GOP do this. People that support Dems typically want some affirmative change, better healthcare, better policy, etc. The only idiots who vote just to watch other people squirm & suffer (this is very sociopathic behavior when you think about it) vote for Republicans.

I'm here to support whatever it is this group represent.

Serious question: since it's already been established theat white supremacists are the no.1 terror group in the US, wouldn't it be easier to make a memology type channel with evil white people content?

Still waiting to see how it all shakes out. Possible outcome at this point is normal polling error overall + the expected amount of <5% events (i.e., around 5% of the many different elections).

I get that, but what are the odds that the margin of error cuts for Trump all one way again?

I get that, but what are the odds that the margin of error cuts for Trump all one way again?

I don't think it does, but you'd expect a systematic modeling problem to have a disproportionate effect, no? In 2016, looks like the issue was that pollsters didn't anticipate the divergence between educated and uneducated white voters, which led to a systematic underestimating of Trump's support in places with low average education levels for whites, and a corresponding overestimating of it in the opposite places, though with a small impact. That was decisive in the EC. I think it'll be a couple of months before we know the full extent of any errors this time, and a year or so before we can get a good handle on the cause.

Back