Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

How many align with a party out of disdain?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Shr3dd3r, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

Anyone start to support a party just out of mere annoyance or hatred for the opposite party?

2. Milton_Gracie The New and Improved Starman

No. Supporting or registering with a political party for any reason goes against the ways of JKD and even practicing the ways of JKD goes against the ways of JKD

Yehudim, Khabib Khanate and Fedorgasm like this.
  3. Mr.Maelstrom "Pull up" Belt

Everyone, probably. Nearly everyone for sure

4. 12ga. Silver Belt

Then I wouldnt vote like the other halfof the country who sits at home...

.Only people I really hate are two faced polticains who promise a lot but are about more corporatism. More lies. More bailouts for fraudsters and billionaires. More insurance control of our stratospheric healthcare costs. More lying. More corruption. More War. More militarization of the police. More Constitution-shredding. More CO2. etc,

I've voted Green 3x because I hate both. 2000, 2004, 2012 hoping that if enough do we may get a Third party going that represent us.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  5. Gunny Gold Belt

I voted republican as a symbolic “fuck the Democrats” vote in a bunch of elections that were not competitive and my vote didn’t matter. In the one competitive race on my ballot I wrote in a candidate. Much as I dislike everything about Democrats, I’m not going to support corporatist stooges who are only better in that they’re a more honest brand of shittiness.

6. moosaev Brown Belt

In my experience only folks that support the GOP do this. People that support Dems typically want some affirmative change, better healthcare, better policy, etc. The only idiots who vote just to watch other people squirm & suffer (this is very sociopathic behavior when you think about it) vote for Republicans.

7. ImCertainOfCirkunov Blue Belt

Yes, well I actually hate large parts of both if I'm being perfectly honest.

IMO the dems are the lesser of two evils (at the moment), but I have no illusion that they are some great virtuous party. I hate large parts of their platform almost as much as I hate large parts of the Republican platform.

8. BForrester Brown Belt

Yes, partially. As a fiscally conservative atheist/agnostic, I was disdainful of the religious right's sway over the Republican party. Since the Republicans are not fiscally conservative, despite their claims, my domestic policy leanings made the Democratic party a natural fit.

I'd like to see more people have access to affordable healthcare and more money spent on the schools that need it (underperforming schools).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  9. Kandyland Brown Belt

Yeah, I can't get myself to drink soy like a lot of Democratic wusses so I have no choice but to vote Republican, when I do vote that is.

10. Curmudgeon Black Belt

Looks like the shit thread per day limit has been raised.
    <{1-8}>

11. Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

You may be right for some. But the liberals where I am at, just seem to vehemently hate anyone who doesn't support them. I have been historically a libertarian, but just the vitriol towards me from liberal acquaintances makes me empathize with conservatives more.

12. moosaev Brown Belt

So you’re confirming that elections are mostly emotional, because regardless of what you personally think of the liberals you’ve interacted with there doesn’t seem to be an assessment of the issues from an objective standpoint from many conservatives, it’s all emotional knee jerk aversion to purple hair and pronouns. What’s the point of conservatives sweet talking you when they take away healthcare, give billions in tax cut to the Uber wealthy, and make repeated attempts to kill social security? Liberals will be annoying to your face (and I agree that they’re super annoying) but they really don’t have bad policies, conservatives will smile to you but then stab you in the back and leave you for dead in the dark of the night. Which do you prefer?

carrythezero likes this.
  13. blaseblah Steel Belt

Most Republicans probably. The state of Florida overwhelmingly passed a 15 dollar minimum wage increase but voted for Trump.

Falsedawn and carrythezero like this.
  14. Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

Yeah, most people. Ask someone why they like their party and why they hate the other party and see which answer they have more material for. It's always easier to stoke hatred than build trust.

Denter likes this.
  15. Mr.Maelstrom "Pull up" Belt

Yup, the garden variety pettiness

16. Fluffernutter Silver Belt

17. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

18. Fedorgasm Gold Belt

Kind of.

I always vote for the largest 3rd party because I hate the 2 party system so much. So I use my vote as kind of a protest.

Which means I usually go libertarian even though I don't agree with all their stances.

HockeyBjj likes this.
  19. Denter Silver Belt

I would say most people.

20. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

I think that's going a little far. Probably true of the right more, in that the emotional core of conservative politics is despair so supporters don't expect anything positive.

Khabib Khanate likes this.