How lucky did Max Holloway get?

How do you know he wouldn’t have stuffed the takedowns and outpointed him.

Khabib back in the day was not the demon he is now.

Tibau fought him to a stand still.

just like gaetchje stuffed all his takedowns...haha...or dustin...or pretty much anyone else in the last half decade.

Lol at the noobs here thinking TDD or GG would matter vs Khabib. How many times does Khabib have to read up his "worst possible match ups"? TDD isn't enough vs Khabib. Khabib would beat Max standing.

50-43 is doing well?its blown off that Raging Al did well.

Did Better Than Gaethje, who looked flustered and nervous about even sharing an octagon with Khabib. Point is, if Al could survive Khabib, then Max can too. People acting like Khabib would have killed him, makes no sense to me.

Idk but if he had his usual conditioning and is able to avoid getting taken down too frequently it would be interesting. Let's not forget Max wanted that fight for a long time.

Im glad Max never fought Khabib. Khabib wouldve hurt him really bad, no joke.

Sherdog over Khabib right now.

2fdjs6.gif

Don't get mad guys, it's true lol.
but isn't he fucking awesome though ?

Max got lucky he was pulled from the fight the day before for signs of being shook against Ortega.

Idk but if he had his usual conditioning and is able to avoid getting taken down too frequently it would be interesting. Let's not forget Max wanted that fight for a long time.
lol he wanted the poirier rematch for a long time too

<Neil01>

Lol at the noobs here thinking TDD or GG would matter vs Khabib. How many times does Khabib have to read up his "worst possible match ups"? TDD isn't enough vs Khabib. Khabib would beat Max standing.
He'd ragdoll Max

He definitely gets taken down, but who knows what his ground game would've been like. Doostin got a good grab on Khabib, maybe Max could, too. Add in Max's cardio and overall durability, he might've done about as good as anybody. At east better on the ground than MJ and Gaethje.

That said, if they fight 10 times, I don't think Max wins one. I'd give Volk and Aldo more of a shot against Khabib than Max.
Cardio for striking is not the same as grappling/wrestling. Max would be gassed after a few rounds of trying to stop all of Khabibs takedown attempts. Khabib would most likely submit Holloway. Lets not forget Khabib finished Conor and Dustin who both beat Max. Khabib runs through Max pretty easy imo.

I think he would have taken less damage in the fight with Khabib than his rematch with Poirier

Poirier was hitting with insane power that night. Khabib's damage would have been with GnP, and a submission was more likely to happen due to short notice fatigue

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
He also took all those shots and came on strong in the later rounds. Many can take shots and not recover as well as he did bc Dustin landed some bombs ealry on

Max looks long and rangey and seems like he would be easy to take down but Dustin commented on how strong his hips were against the fence. Alex also couldn’t get him down.

khabib always finds a way though.

How do you know he wouldn’t have stuffed the takedowns and outpointed him.

Khabib back in the day was not the demon he is now.

Tibau fought him to a stand still.
Do u not realize the Tibau fight was 8-9 years ago right. the max fight was like 2 years ago. So,.....yeah, he was that demon ur referring too

Holloway actually has very good TDD, its one of his best attributes. Of course I'd favor Khabib to win and believe he would have for sure, but I don't think it would be so easy like some think. Khabib by decision

Khabib walks through the shots of power punches with his pressure. I like Max a lot but he would have gotten beat very convincingly.

Back