How lucky did Max Holloway get?

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I like max but just imagine lol..

upload_2020-11-12_18-18-49.png

im glad he was able to avoid a career altering beat down. He is tough, he would have taken some serious punishment.

Sherdog over Khabib right now.

2fdjs6.gif

Don't get mad guys, it's true lol.

How do you know he wouldn’t have stuffed the takedowns and outpointed him.

Khabib back in the day was not the demon he is now.

Tibau fought him to a stand still.

I think he would have taken less damage in the fight with Khabib than his rematch with Poirier

Poirier was hitting with insane power that night. Khabib's damage would have been with GnP, and a submission was more likely to happen due to short notice fatigue

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"Back the in day" ??? This was like 2 and a half years ago lol. For reference the Tibau fight was 6 years before this.

Not that lucky really, Khabib would have likely subbed him. Having then lost to Khabib the Poirier fight most likely wouldn't have happened, thus saving Max from the beating he took from Dustin.

Truthfully, I’m veryyyyy intrigued by this fight. Khabib definitely started to feel the effects in that Gaethje fight, even if it was a little bit and he kicked it immediately into second gear. But fuck, Max is so game and his output is insane. If he could last long enough to see Khabib tire just a little, it definitely gets interesting

He definitely gets taken down, but who knows what his ground game would've been like. Doostin got a good grab on Khabib, maybe Max could, too. Add in Max's cardio and overall durability, he might've done about as good as anybody. At east better on the ground than MJ and Gaethje.

That said, if they fight 10 times, I don't think Max wins one. I'd give Volk and Aldo more of a shot against Khabib than Max.

Dustin beat the piss out of him for 3 rounds so I'm not sure how he was any better off. Khabib was gonna sub him quick which would've avoided a lot of head trauma.

Tibau is a very good defensive wrestler and was probably juiced to the gills.

I would have rather have seen Max vs. Khabib, or Max vs. Tony.

Max vs Dustin II was a great fight, but the fact that Max's only fight at LW was a rematch against a guy he faced at FW sucks. I really wanted to see a fresh fight with him at LW. Max vs. Tony was a dream fight for me at that time. I'm still gutted that we didn't get that match up.

It is crazy how biased people have become for Khabib after his last fight. Sure he probably would win, but if a real estate agent can do fairly well over five rounds against Khabib, then so can Max.

Could he do any better than how Dustin did in that fight? Which aside from some shots that landed, didn't really amount to much since Dustin ended up in all sorts of trouble when it got to the ground and his takedown defense was nowhere near enough to prevent any of those takedowns from Khabib.

Not sure if Max would fare any better on the ground either because it's almost a guarantee that the fight is going there at some point.

It is crazy how biased people have become for Khabib after his last fight. Sure he probably would win, but if a real estate agent can do fairly well over five rounds against Khabib, then so can Max.
50-43 is doing well?its blown off that Raging Al did well.

Back