How long will you continue to play Video Games

39 here, dont see myself stopping anytime soon.

I play CSGO where im still ranked in the top 5% in the Northeast region of North America. Some of you will find this pathetic but i know i can compete against the best even at 39.

Earlier this year i got randomly teamed with one of the most popular Twitch streamers when Apex Legends was released. Take a look if interested:

I am 39 and will game until I die. Its been a part of my life since I was 6 and got my first game console. The NES.

I would still smoke everyone here in guitar hero even after having been retired for about 10 years.

I didn't play for a long time, but I bought an Xbox One, simply because I felt like I was falling behind with technology.

I'll play quite a bit on my off-days, but not before or after work.

I guess I stopped playing at 25-26. Last time I bought video games was Madden 13 for PS3. Still there collectinng dust. Used to love video games, especially Madden. Then just kind of stopped playing them, wasn’t planned or anything, just kind of ran out of time. Now when I visit a buddy’s house and they play or ask me to play with them, I just have zero fun, don’t know what happened.

My wife bought that old Nintendo that was all the rage maybe two years ago and she’ll play it from time to time. Something about seeing a grown ass woman lose her shit over a video game always makes me smile.

37 and I still play though way less than ever before due to how much time I gotta spend doing other things

I never looked at it as something one should grow out of

But I do think for online pvp type games it would be great to have age based servers . Im decent enough to beat most my friends my age that play the same amount of time I do but I dont stand a chance against some 22 year old kid who is on aderal and plays all day so its not so fun

I dont play or keep up with the modern shit so much though I play a lot of sega nintendo and super nintendo classics. Its fun and it always triggers memories from those years and its just kinda how I unwind and relax.

I kinda hate movies and most tv and theres always a little downtime in the evening.

I have a quite a few games. Like 42 weeks of the year, I play zero hours/week. Then for about 10 weeks a year, I get an urge to play, and I'll play a few hours per week for a few weeks, and then I lose interest.

Rinse and repeat.

I used to play everyday, then weekends, now I play maybe 2-3 games a year at most. Now that Bioware's dead I have very few games I'm interested in. I'll probably play Cyberpunk and maybe the next Farcry. Nothing outside that interests me. Playing Gears 5 now but just not all that into games anymore. Real life is keeping me too busy.

I used to play everyday, then weekends, now I play maybe 2-3 games a year at most. Now that Bioware's dead I have very few games I'm interested in. I'll probably play Cyberpunk and maybe the next Farcry. Nothing outside that interests me. Playing Gears 5 now but just not all that into games anymore. Real life is keeping me too busy.

If you haven't played Witcher 3, you'll love it.

Haven’t played in over 11-12 years. 36 now last time I played was COD4 MW on ps3. I’ve never played the Xbox or ps4. Sometimes I think about playing and how far along technology has come. I’d prob be blown away/amazed and hooked. So I stay staying away.

Haven’t played in over 11-12 years. 36 now last time I played was COD4 MW on ps3. I’ve never played the Xbox or ps4. Sometimes I think about playing and how far along technology has come. I’d prob be blown away/amazed and hooked. So I stay staying away.

You stay away because you are afraid to like something ? I dont get it ? Its not like its crack you can pick it up and put it down in your spare time

Theres a new modern warfare with captain price just about to come out and it looks like its going to be fun.

You stay away because you are afraid to like something ? I dont get it ? Its not like its crack you can pick it up and put it down in your spare time

Theres a new modern warfare with captain price just about to come out and it looks like its going to be fun.

What if i have an addictive personality, it is like crack and I can’t put it down? Then what? Are you going to pay for my video gaming rehab?

What if i have an addictive personality, it is like crack and I can’t put it down? Then what? Are you going to pay for my video gaming rehab?

Just go to drug rehab and tell them you have an oxy problem... the steps are the same and your insurance will cover it

If you haven't played Witcher 3, you'll love it.

Beat it 3 times. Beat Witcher 2 twice. Hated Witcher 1's playstyle so never beat that. No joke Witcher 3 is a top 5 all time game for me (others being Mass Effect 2, Kotor, FF6, and Link to the Past).

I view CD Projekt Red the way I used to view Bioware. One of the few companies I'll still do a launch day purchase (only other being Rockstar currently).

It's been a few years. I used to love playing them. Then my kids got older and I just am constantly on the go. When I do have down time I just watch shit instead of playing games as I'm too mentally tired to engage in the thinking process of a game.

Sucks. I bought the last Red Dead when it came out because I loved the game, and I still haven't played it.

Also when My kid started beating me at COD I thought I might want to retire.

I've never played video games. My son did and that's what convinced me to never try. :)

Back