How long will you continue to play Video Games

43 here

Just pre-ordered and paid off Borderlands 3 yesterday

Playing Destiny right now

Maybe for one play through. The appeal of borderlands is grinding for loot with friends into the wee hours of the night. I'd wait for it to go on sale or try a cheap copy of borderlands 2.

All I play is single player and thats one of the reasons I love these games so much
Theyre super fun and you can lose yourself in the adventure for hours, gameplay is nonstop BOOM POW BANG ACTION NONSTOP!!! and theyre deep enough, big enough and challenging enough with so much variety of weapons and missions that you never get bored of going back to the same areas of the map because different missions/weapons make it play completely different
Borderlands 2 is my favorite game of all time, highly recommend it

Just ordered Borderlands 2 off amazon for 15$. Thanks guys. Been looking for a new game franchise.

Yeah. I'm almost 40, too. Still playing games just not as much as I used to.

Every time I've tried to give up video games they released some ground breaking game like The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption 2 or the Resident Evil 2 remake (GOTY in my opinion)

Single guy who works and has no kids, I can get away with playing for hours on my day off but I rarely do unless it's one of those type of games. Never got into Call of Duty although COD 4 is a cot damn masterpiece
1st. Play Battlefield fuck cod!

Second, I totally forgot about REmake I need to play that still. Good call.

In the year 2019 this is like asking when are my grandparents gonna stop playing bridge or when is my mom gonna stop watching TV

Video games aren't just for kids anymore, they are a fully realized form of entertainment right up there with books and movies and tv shows now

Ill play till im dead hopefully

Long enough to have enough credits to buy the best weapons and armor, the best cars in the nice colors.

Had given up playing a couple years ago, just didn't hold my attention any more. I'll play mario kart with buddies if we get together but solo gaming had died for me.

Then a few weeks ago I cut my wrist on my dominant hand really badly and the surgeon told me i couldn't get the wound wet until stitches were removed. Told me not to do anything to break a sweat. Couch bound. Books and screen. Got bored of watching movies and tv and picked up zelda. Completely back into it, don't feel guilty or lazy playing them anymore.

when I'm finished it I'm going to go get the most recent far cry or red dead 2 and gears 4. Did not expect to ever get back into it, taken by suprise

I dont have enough time for games between 8 hours of work an 10-16 hours of sherdog. Its hard.

I was mid 40’s playing the Halo series, when it ran its course I put the controller down. My son got his room back <{cruzshake}>

My future kids better practice their video game skills, because i won't take it easy on them.

Probably forever to some degree.

I remember playing SN, Sega Genesis, N64 as a kid, and I've always played video games. I don't imagine that will change from age.

Obviously playing certain styles at a high level will diminish with time. But the idea that video games are for kids is for old people who weren't born into them.

Hadn't played video games in maybe a decade. Bought ps4 and 8 games a few months ago.

Beat Horizon zero dawn, god of war, spider-man, and until dawn. Also played shadow of midgard but didn't really like it.

Need new games to play. Must be as good as those.
bloodborne, last of us remade, Resident Evil 2, GTA5, Just Cause 3, Dying Light, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Persona 5, and Division 2 should get you started

I've played videogames since I was 5 years old, but been an over-the-road truck driver for the last five years and I'm looking forward to catching up on this entire console generation at the end of this year.

Hell, I've made a list of all the PS4 games I plan on buying around the holidays.

The Last Guardian
God of War 2018
God of War 3
MLXL
Hitman GOTY 2016
Hitman GOTY 2018
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 7
Uncharted Trilogy
Uncharted 4
Shadow of the Colossus
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete
Spiderman
Shadows Die Twice

I've already bought MGSV, Bloodborne, and The Last Of Us, for less than $10 each.

One of the absolute best things about having a giant backlog of games to play is you're have no urge to pay $60 each for new games when they come out.

Somewhat off-topic, I hear alot of PC gamers bitching about games becoming Epic Exclusives for an entire year before going to Steam. My solution - Go play one of the hundreds of games on Steam you bought years ago on a holiday sale, yet never played.

40% of games bought on Steam are never even downloaded. Fuck I know I have a FEW, but not 40% of my damn Steam library. How fucking spoiled are we as 1st World Gamers that so many of us are bitching about having to download a second game-downloading program, so the developer can get an extra 17% of the revenue? (Steam takes 30%, Epic takes 13%).

I get that some things are worth complaining about, like microtransactions. I fucking hate EA as well, just like every gamer that gives a damn about my wallet being raped, but Jesus Christ some things aren't that bad.

So I'm almost 40. Still play consistently. Any of you still play past 40?

Will you ever stop? I think if i make it to a retirement home I will still continue to play em.

Play forever dude. Just don't shuck your responsibilities for gametime. My boss is 48 with 3 kids and this man plays more games than I can count. Has the game pass and everything. Dude is proof that you can balance work, family, and gaming at any age.

I have a hard time getting into a lot of the newer games. I like gaming in general. Just wish I had more time to play.

my uncle who is in his mid 60's is big into Skyrim for the last 7 years

Back