How long to stay away with staph?

nbo10

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've had a small staph infection on my arm. I've been on antibotics for 7 days. The infections is at the stage that it looks like a recovering blister. No puss or anything, just dry skin. How much longer should I stay off the mats? I should have asked the Dr., but I forgot.

Until it's gone, then a couple more weeks after that just to make sure.

Until a doctor tells you so. Spreading it after you have been on meds for a few days would be the worst thing to do, it's one of the ways we end up with antibiotic resistant strains.

8beab1c43d7c594710d85105fde9d26612821c999a3cbc3f6316ade04a91d16c.jpg

staph is everywhere, not just gyms

i dont understand why people think its this rare contagious thing.. your mats are covered with staph whether or not people get infected or not

staph is in hospitals, places that are supposed to be extremely clean

Call your doctor's office. If (s)he can't get on the phone right away, someone from the office should call you back or leave a message with the answer.

You should never really be consulting Sherdog, lest you get crap info from guys like....
staph is everywhere, not just gyms

i dont understand why people think its this rare contagious thing.. your mats are covered with staph whether or not people get infected or not

staph is in hospitals, places that are supposed to be extremely clean

That doesn't mean that you should have free reign to engage in behaviours that will increase the risk of infecting others. It's cavalier attitudes like yours which cause so many people to get infected in the first place.

Make sure you finish the course of antibiotics. Otherwise that's how you get resistant strains that require more heavy duty meds.

Back