How long Sheva will continue to duck Nunes?

They keep asking her at press conference if she wants to fights Nunes and she continues to duck her by not saying clearly yes.

She beat everyone at her weight class. What next they going to give her Calderwood or Calvillion?

Woman up and fight the lioness at 135!

giphy.gif
Ok, but they should now fight at flyweight

Ok, but they should now fight at flyweight

There's a 98% chance of that not happening.

I'm leaving the 2% out there as a possibility because she clearly has no problem getting to 135 and views her legacy as important.

Imagine if Dana White said to Nunes - "Hey, you're a 2-division champ but there's been a few of those in the sport already. How does the first ever, and probably the only fighter ever, man or woman, to become a 3-division champion sound? All you have to do is cut 10 more pounds for the weigh-ins and gain back 20+ pounds in 30 hours and defeat a the fighter you've already beat twice."

I'm leaving the 2% out there as a possibility because she clearly has no problem getting to 135 and views her legacy as important.

Imagine if Dana White said to Nunes - "Hey, you're a 2-division champ but there's been a few of those in the sport already. How does the first ever, and probably the only fighter ever, man or woman, to become a 3-division champion sound? All you have to do is cut 10 more pounds for the weigh-ins and gain back 20+ pounds in 30 hours and defeat a the fighter you've already beat twice."
Nunes wont do it. It wouldnt be worth it for her,to give Val the advantage. She knows that Val is her only equal in this sport,regardless of weight. More so at 125.

Well, the thing is.... they are 2:0 so..... what is the point? Shouldn't you like deserve a third fight or something? Val clearly is fine at her weight class, so if Dana really really wants this fight, then at least make it interesting.

Lol, so you agree with every fight decision, and no judge in all combat sports every fucked up score cards?
Sit in the corner…

So you're saying the UFC should make a fight because some people think the judges got it wrong the last time?

Go get in the car...

Doesn't seem fair to make Val come up and not make Amanda also cut some to make it a catch weight fight.

So you're saying the UFC should make a fight because some people think the judges got it wrong the last time?

Go get in the car...
most people think the judges got it wrong.
MMA judges are usually unqualified people. At least it's not as bad as the old days where a judge literally said "low kicks don't work".
It has been widely accepted that the decision is controversial. literally all the press/fighters/referees/Dana, and most of the fans, believe it is controversial.

upload_2021-9-27_7-57-51.png

UFC fans are some of the most unoriginal people. He ducked him, she ducked her, what did Conor say? What did Colby say? Who is the GOAT? What did Khabib say and why is he the GOAT or why isn't he?

Why do people keep wanting Schevchenko to change divisions? She explaining again (for about the 1000th time) at the post fight presser that she would have to starve herself to death to make 115 and she thinks she is too small for 135. 125 suits her perfectly. I think she has the right idea: let's see how far she can go. She will lose one day...but when will that day come? Let's watch her fights and see. There's a new crop of killers coming up at 125. I look forward to watching Valentina fight them all.

Jarl

Amanda is GOAT but........
if Val was 5’8 or Amanda was 5’5 I think Val wins based on her skills all things equal. Amanda is clearly a large 135lb / natural 145lb fighter and Val would be a large 115lb / Natural 125lb fighter. Amanda is like a weight class and a half larger naturally. But Val still makes the fights competitive so I wonder if Amanda went to 125lb if that would favor Val since she wouldn’t be 10-15lbs heavier, just taller.

When Valentina fights 135lb she doesn’t really cut.

https://www.flocombat.com/articles/5060654-valentina-shevchenko-not-worried-by-amanda-nunes-size-advantage

Her walking weight is 135lb

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28673017/valentina-shevchenko-thinks-3rd-fight-amanda-nunes-happen

Nunes is around 150lb @ 135lb and 156lb @ 145lb. Valentina is 135lb @ 125lb and 135lb @ 135lb.

I think size won it for Amanda in very close fights.

They keep asking her at press conference if she wants to fights Nunes and she continues to duck her by not saying clearly yes.

She beat everyone at her weight class. What next they going to give her Calderwood or Calvillion?

giphy.gif
I think that question out to be directed at Nunes.

Why do people keep wanting Schevchenko to change divisions? She explaining again (for about the 1000th time) at the post fight presser that she would have to starve herself to death to make 115 and she thinks she is too small for 135. 125 suits her perfectly. I think she has the right idea: let's see how far she can go. She will lose one day...but when will that day come? Let's watch her fights and see. There's a new crop of killers coming up at 125. I look forward to watching Valentina fight them all.

Jarl
"Weight change" advocates are primarily fanbois of fighters who've been wiped out by the subject dominant champion.

giphy.gif
Bantamweight division is paper thin. There's noone decent for Nunes to fight. I dont believe Nunes would want the matchup against Shev again seeing she arguably lost the fight. Nunes is the duck, not wanting another fight against the champ for a smaller division.

most people think the judges got it wrong.
MMA judges are usually unqualified people. At least it's not as bad as the old days where a judge literally said "low kicks don't work".
It has been widely accepted that the decision is controversial. literally all the press/fighters/referees/Dana, and most of the fans, believe it is controversial.

View attachment 881891

So if I'm Amanda Nunes, I have to fight a third fight with Valentina because some people don't like the judges decision.

I'm taking my 2-0 and getting the fuck outta there.

So if I'm Amanda Nunes, I have to fight a third fight with Valentina because some people don't like the judges decision.

I'm taking my 2-0 and getting the fuck outta there.
U dont have to do anything.
Nobody has to listen to the fans.

Look at Terance Crawford.

For a long time al his fellow boxers and boxing fans have been shitting on him for can crushing for years while somehow ranked p4p 1#.

Glory, legacy, and honor in the end is merely an intangible. We are not at the era of samurai, and business comes first, as people need to make a living and support their families.

but, lets for example say Aljemain’s recent pull outs from the Yan rematch did nit have any injury excuses. Would u be okay with that?

It's a tricky matchup to make. Val moving up would give Nunes a size advantage. Nunes moving down would deplete her too much. Catchweight? Then no title is on the line.

I think Nunes retires soon anyways. Val can then move up and take the champ champ role. Hell, she might even take the Featherweight belt too

but, lets for example say Aljemain’s recent pull outs from the Yan rematch did nit have any injury excuses. Would u be okay with that?

I can't have any impact on the situation either way so I don't care.

Back