How long does it take to recover from injury to throat

TheDreamCrusher

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was grappling with some super aggressive douche bag last week and for 5 minutes he was in my guard and digging his head into my throat as hard as he could. My throat still hurts now when i try and swallow and has not gotten any better at all in 1 week.

Do throat injuries usually take this slow to repair, anyone else have any experiences?

I was grappling with some super aggressive douche bag last week and for 5 minutes he was in my guard and digging his head into my throat as hard as he could. My throat still hurts now when i try and swallow and has not gotten any better at all in 1 week.

Do throat injuries usually take this slow to repair, anyone else have any experiences?

either you have a very long neck or he has a very small head....how in the hell did he place his head in your throat:confused:

about two weeks. The swelling will eventually go down and it'll get less noticeable every day.

either you have a very long neck or he has a very small head....how in the hell did he place his head in your throat:confused:

He was grinding the tip of his forehead into my throat, I tried several times to tuck my chin in but when I did he would push my head back up by using his head. The guy was a fucking dick.

so has anyone got any info that can help me out

i am actually kind of freaked out that its not getting better...

I think it took 5 weeks for me.

I took a knuckle in the throat on an Ezekial. Couldn't choke me out but kind of tore some thing in my throat because it hurt a little and I had trouble swallowing for weeks without pain.

Perhaps you should see a doctor if you are so freaked out instead of asking people that know nothing about your injury. You have asked for broad medical advice on an injury that we know nothing about. Even if I was an ENT, I wouldn't have a clue how to help you because you vaguely described pressure on your throat.

Also, this could have been avoided if you lost some of your ego and let the guy pass, or just moved your neck rather than allowing him to grind into it.

I had it happen to me when I was really new from a nasty Ezekiel choke, I heard something pop. It felt like strep throat almost, and it hurt to swallow for a long time.

Anyhow, it took about a month for it to go completely away. Your muscles in your neck are going to be weak when you first start out and vulnerable to injury.

I have had that same type of injury happen since, however, recovery time was always alot faster(1 week).

Took just over two weeks for me, elbow into the throat. really hard to swallow for most of that period and eating hurt like hell

I had something very similiar happen with my throat and my recovery parallels what other are saying, about 3-4 weeks until the pain subsided.

Dude, see a doctor. Sherdog is not the place for medical advice.. Grappling related or not.

I don't know I'll have to ask my girlfriend.

ZINGER!!!!

had a guy lift me off my feet wth a trex grip guillotine. Took about 2 1/2 weeks for all the discomfort to go away when swallowing.

I had to go to the ER about 7 months ago because I took a forearm to the throat. At the time, it didn't really feel abnormal, but no more then an hour or two later I couldn't swallow and my throat was very swollen. I still can't swallow 100% comfortably but I returned to training after 2 weeks. C'est la vie.

Lol yo lil kid noone needs your smart mouth comments when someones hurt lol id mount u an smash my forearm in your neck an u wouldnt dp amything to stop it loser stfu Ooss!!

Perhaps you should see a doctor if you are so freaked out instead of asking people that know nothing about your injury. You have asked for broad medical advice on an injury that we know nothing about. Even if I was an ENT, I wouldn't have a clue how to help you because you vaguely described pressure on your throat.

Also, this could have been avoided if you lost some of your ego and let the guy pass, or just moved your neck rather than allowing him to grind into it.
Lol u sound real stupid lil kid 1st off the guy knows he can go to the hospital if its that bad u stup theres no need to say that your just bein a lil dick lol 2nd off id smash u an put the same injury on u an u wouldnt beable to do shit about it lol stop hating an trying to give positional advice an talk about ego when your in the lil kids class get off this forum cuz u would gt fucked up real quick u piece of shit lol tryin to be an internet bully lol loser Ooss!!

man back in 2011 i went to a gym to do some sparring and they all told me not to spar with this one guy cause all he wants to do is hurt people i had him in side control and he threw a forearm strike that hit my throat and i couldnt talk for 2 weeks it changed my voice completely too

man back in 2011 i went to a gym to do some sparring and they all told me not to spar with this one guy cause all he wants to do is hurt people i had him in side control and he threw a forearm strike that hit my throat and i couldnt talk for 2 weeks it changed my voice completely too

And that's how I became batman.

That's what you get when you have two white belts sparring like their lives depended on it

Back