How long do you think it will be before we see some boxing?

God knows, some euro promoters told me they will have $ maybe autumn/ winter.
OK, didn't had asked Eddie and Co, they are larger than these guys I talked with.

I cancelled DAZN but have access to it until October. I told them I’d be happy to renew but renewal would be dependent on how they ramp up their boxing and mma programming when things start up again.

If UFC pulls off their show in May I would expect to see small studio shows from Matchroom or GBP soon after. It’s a great opportunity to showcase lighter weight fighters and guys who aren’t that well known or are up and coming. I don’t expect to see the big names fighting in a studio though.
I canceled mine as well I wish they had just stopped charging until boxing comes back.

Good news from today's Trump presser is that he specifically mentioned that sporting events without live audiences will resume "very soon". So, I'm assuming that it means that Dana White's May 9 event is going to take place & again, once that happens I believe that boxing will follow asap. So, May or June is my guess here in the States.
And it appears that the Brits are looking at the same timeline:
https://www.boxingscene.com/british-boxing-preparing-june-return--148320
It's crazy how much shit boxing promoters talked about MMA, UFC, and Dana White. Now they litterally are sitting back and following his lead and mma in general.

Vince and Dana are friends of Trump... I'm sure this has nothing to do with it.
Dana had something else already setup without Trumps help that was stopped by Disney ESPN before this.
I think they just want to put on a show more. I think they want to put on a show for the fans more. Probably selfishly motivated but it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back