How long can you hold a plank?

Train.Harder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was doing planks this morning as a finisher and I thought to myself, damn this gets hard after a minute or two, especially after a core circuit.

So with that in mind I was wondering how long some of you guys can hold a standard plank for?

After the circuit I called it quits at about 3 minutes.

I did that 30 day planking challenge. I tapped after 3 minutes. I can do 1-2 minutes easily now though.

There's a video on Youtube of this guy holding one for an hour. Ridiculous.

I dunno. I've done 4 minutes before. I gave up, partially because of boredom, but it definitely wasn't easy. I've also done a 2-minute plank with a 20kg plate on my back.

5 minutes on a bet once, a legit plank too. My body was not ready after that.

I did that 30 day planking challenge. I tapped after 3 minutes. I can do 1-2 minutes easily now though.

There's a video on Youtube of this guy holding one for an hour. Ridiculous.

I'v seen that video. It's on a loop man. Trickery.

Just a minute or 2.

On another note, I've met the guy who holds the world record for holding planks. Cool guy, he's a Chinese swat cop guy.

Don't feel the desire to, or believe I'd benefit from, holding one more than a minute. I'd do something more challenging instead of just adding time.

On another note, I've met the guy who holds the world record for holding planks. Cool guy, he's a Chinese swat cop guy.

lmao why am I not surprised.

I just tried & did 2 mins with a bit left in the tank so 2 -3 mins.

Alone like 30seconds, but at the end of a muay thai session, my trainer made all of us hold it for 3 minutes and no one had a problem. It's more mental than physical

Starting out over a minute, now 2.5minutes. Not interested in improving it further because it takes too long and hard.

3 plus minutes at 6'6"

Come on guys your height is relevant here ;)

A few years ago I could do 5 minutes at pretty much any given time. At the time I was boxing and grappling as well as lifting and as a smaller guy who was very lean (5'8", 170lbs) I never really found them that difficult, even focusing on keeping the core tight.

Right now, out of shape as i am? A minute, likely two if I push it hard.

I think I have done a minute or two, but I pretty much stopped b/c I was bored. I used to do them at the end of a core WO but not anymore

Back