How long are we gonna pretend that Ronda won't just absolutely maul Nunes?

TerrificCruz

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Listen, One year ago, when Ronda got ktfo, we all enjoyed it and celebrated together. It was my personal highlight of 10 years of MMA. To see that overhyped, hypocrite, arrogant construct of ufc hype machine getting what she deserved, was perhaps the greatest moment in mma history.

Since then we enjoyed mocking Ronda and her terrible post fight behavior. We used to post the gif. over and over again. We looked back in total disbelief on Rogan and other guys , who acted plainly ridiculously.
It was great times but like all things it has to come to an end eventually.

That moment has come.

I have watched all of Amanda NUNES UFC fights and she's not a bad fighter and a deserving champion.
However she tends to do the one thing you just shouldn't do against an Olympic judoca: brawling, throwing wild sloppy punches.
She basically does the same thing as all of the other fighters who lost t Rousey. Holm was successful because of her aware approach and use of footwork. Nunes, who btw lost to Zingano in a sloppy brawl, represents the old WMMA fighting style, which is a style that Ronda was ahead of back in the day and probably still is.
One might say things are different now, because nunes is a bla kbelt but there are blackheads and blackheads.

So I guess we should enjoy the roused hate while it still lasts because other times are coming. After roused armbared nunes in rnd 1 people will talk about her being treated unfairly. People will start to say shit like "she's the GOAT or could defeat men" again

The general consensus will definitely change .brace yourselves winter is coming

Amanda is a fucking beast for the first round, I honestly think we're more likely to see first round ko from her rather than first round armbar from Rousey, however in a twist of circumstance, fight favours Ronda if she makes it out past the first round.

You never know... Ronda got dat retard strength now that she's gone all mental....

It's not gonna happen though!

If Ronda gets punched in the face she will go into panic mode

Listen, One year ago, when Ronda got ktfo, we all enjoyed it and celebrated together. It was my personal highlight of 10 years of MMA. To see that overhyped, hypocrite, arrogant construct of ufc hype machine getting what she deserved, was perhaps the greatest moment in mma history.

Since then we enjoyed mocking Ronda and her terrible post fight behavior. We used to post the gif. over and over again. We looked back in total disbelief on Rogan and other guys , who acted plainly ridiculously.
It was great times but like all things it has to come to an end eventually.

That moment has come.

I have watched all of Amanda NUNES UFC fights and she's not a bad fighter and a deserving champion.
However she tends to do the one thing you just shouldn't do against an Olympic judoca: brawling, throwing wild sloppy punches.
She basically does the same thing as all of the other fighters who lost t Rousey. Holm was successful because of her aware approach and use of footwork. Nunes, who btw lost to Zingano in a sloppy brawl, represents the old WMMA fighting style, which is a style that Ronda was ahead of back in the day and probably still is.
One might say things are different now, because nunes is a bla kbelt but there are blackheads and blackheads.

So I guess we should enjoy the roused hate while it still lasts because other times are coming. After roused armbared nunes in rnd 1 people will talk about her being treated unfairly. People will start to say shit like "she's the GOAT or could defeat men" again

The general consensus will definitely change .brace yourselves winter is coming

I agree buddy. Ronda is going to dismantle Nunes, and it won't even be close. No way she is going to try and bang with Nunes, she will be getting that takedown shortly after the bell rings. People around here aren't able to properly analyze fights. This is a terrible match up for Nunes.

till she does it most of sherdog hates ronda because she could beat them up but wont fuck them

Ronda doesn't like getting punched in the face
Amanda is a beast and we don't know what we will see regarding Ronda's psychology

I don't think this is a gimmie fight

Providing that "Raunchy Roadkill" even makes it fight night, she's gonna get lit up brighter than a Christmas tree.

Spock out.

Another person who hasn't recognized that Nunes has changed her game since she fought Zingano.

word

images

She basically does the same thing as all of the other fighters who lost t Rousey.

Really? You must've skipped Amanda's most recent fights against Tate and Mcmann, then. Are you implying that Nunes is going to willingly clinch/brawl with Ronda, based on her previous fights? Cause that's ridiculous.

I agree that Rousey is the deserving favorite, but we don't know how she's going to perform after such a one sided loss and then mentally fell apart.

I think it's one of those things where if she starts off in control, she'll regain her confidence, but if she gets tagged early, she may completely unravel.

I think Amanda has a tougher task than Ronda does in the fight, she doesn't have the footwork to back peddle and pick Rousey apart so she will have to catch her coming in or charge at her, either way there is a good chance she gets taken down. She could definitely catch Ronda, but if the shots she lands doesn't put Rousey out Rousey could just walk right through them and get Amanda to the mat. It all comes down to "can Amanda stop the takedown" and I don't think she can but we'll see.

Last edited:
The line on this fight is absolutely amazing for Ronda. She should probably be -400

I think Amanda has a tougher task than Ronda does in the fight, she doesn't have the footwork to back peddle and pick Rousey apart so she will have to catch her coming in or charge at her, either way there is a good chance she gets taken down. She could definitely catch Ronda, but if the shots she lands doesn't put Rousey out Rousey will just walk right could just walk right through them and get Amanda to the mat. It all comes down to "can Amanda stop the takedown" and I don't think she can but we'll see.

My thoughts exactly.

I agree that Rousey is the deserving favorite, but we don't know how she's going to perform after such a one sided loss and then mentally fell apart.

I think it's one of those things where if she starts off in control, she'll regain her confidence, but if she gets tagged early, she may completely unravel.
Agreed.

The key is whether or not Ronda can lay her hands on Nunes and clinch. If Nunes manages to maintain distance while tagging Ronda I think you see Ronda go into desperation mode quickly and deflate immediately after if she is forced to chase with no clinch.

If Ronda however can gain clinch even if she does not score her TD right away she will gain confidence. And to those who think Ronda cannot take a punch or does not like to get punched they are wrong. Ronda has no issue eating punches to gain clinch as long as she is succeeding. She is pretty tough and does not go into panic mode, ala Brock.

she will be getting that takedown shortly after the bell rings
Ronda's going to shoot that sick power double of hers.

An underrated part of the Holly/Ronda fight was when Ronda's chubby legs flailed when Holly took her down.

ordinarily Nunes' aggression would play right into Rhonda's strength. But who knows where her head is?

Back