How likely is it Conor wins the WW belt?

Andy why not? Colby has pillow hands. Fight IQ is pretty relevant at the highest level. But Usman has never been afraid to mix it up with anyone. But he will certainly be taking Conor and Mas down if for no other reason than to give them something to think about when they are on their feet.

We saw against Khabib how much more limited Conor's striking was when he was worried about takedowns.
I never said I have any problem with his gameplan, good for him it worked as he planned but I have to admit I would have loved to see both guys wrestle each other, oh well ...

It's a possibility considering that he would get a quick path to the title and wouldn't have to go through a row of contenders. If he fights Nate or Jorge which are relatively good style match ups and wins then he's got a fight with Usman. Toughest style match up possible, I don't see him winning that fight. But punches land and Conor has a lethal one so he can land.

Now, what could happen is Masvidal beats Usman and then Conor has himself an easier style match up for the title.

I think he really wants to be the first three division champ.

Back