How legit is Roy Dean?

How can you possibly know they are top quality without ever viewing them or ever trying the techniques? You are simply a parrot that replays other peoples experiences and opinions and passes them off as your own.

To the op. Roys techniques are very smooth and it is good stuff. 90% of the techniques on the DVD were on my recent blue belt test.

Huh ??? Since when does the sherdog grappling forum bash someone for repeating what everybody else is writing ????

damn, you're on my nuts tighter than my pubes.

You really went on my profile to read up everything that I do. Maybe you should hit me up on facebook & relay everything that I say back to sherdog. Do you want me to do a video blog for you, you sound like you just can't get enough of me.

Or he could simply do MT and be reading the forum. Just a thought.

If you are going to post on a public forum, things like this happen. Just go train already. DON'T BE SCARED HOMIE!

On a thread-related note, I have the DVD, I found it very useful. I definitely felt his messages/instruction was conveyed very clearly with great detail. It was easy to pick up and apply his techniques/concepts to actual sparring. His and Saulo's DVDs are fantastic. I definitely recommend them.

damn, you're on my nuts tighter than my pubes.

You really went on my profile to read up everything that I do. Maybe you should hit me up on facebook & relay everything that I say back to sherdog. Do you want me to do a video blog for you, you sound like you just can't get enough of me.

sorry I train MT also. I saw something about vids and you were trying to recommend some and the guys there do not know that you do not train so I just informed them of that before they took your advice.

So, to let you know. I go to this board, contenders (to troll), the heavies, atama bjj, UG (to troll), nhb gear and jui jitsu forums.

So you can recommend videos anywhere else.

now, stop worrying about your newly found hair in weird places and start training.

Sorry dude, but I am trying to help you. its called tough love.

sorry I train MT also. I saw something about vids and you were trying to recommend some and the guys there do not know that you do not train so I just informed them of that before they took your advice.

So, to let you know. I go to this board, contenders (to troll), the heavies, atama bjj, UG (to troll), nhb gear and jui jitsu forums.

now, stop worrying about your newly found hair in weird places and start training.

shit, and standup (f11)

Or he could simply do MT and be reading the forum. Just a thought.

If you are going to post on a public forum, things like this happen. Just go train already. DON'T BE SCARED HOMIE!

On a thread-related note, I have the DVD, I found it very useful. I definitely felt his messages/instruction was conveyed very clearly with great detail. It was easy to pick up and apply his techniques/concepts to actual sparring. His and Saulo's DVDs are fantastic. I definitely recommend them.

To be fair to him, I don't think he has ever posted anything to correct some ones technique. As far as I know, the majority of people that watch BJJ matches train in BJJ or a related sport. Perhaps he is a new breed of fan that doesn't feel like training in the sport but loves watching people practice it.

There are many fans of various sports who don't do the sport but love to watch it. Such as American football, baseball, cricket etc.

I don't train in MMA but still enjoy watching MMA matches.

To be honest, I think GSparky will reap a whole host of benefits by training in jiu jitsu or any related grappling sport. It will help him get fit, have a lot of fun and appreciate grappling so much more.

In the end, we don't know what his circumstances are. He could be far away from a gym, its too expensive, he has some kind of physical problem etc.

I'll post wherever I feel like posting. I'll continue to post in the Boxing forum, Striking Technique Forum & the Grappling Forum. Feel free to stalk my post history all you want, it doesn't both me.

All I'm going to say is that I back my shit up. I never claimed to train, I used to wrestle & I sucked at it, I used to box & I was pretty decent & then I took on Taco Bell, Taco Buenos, Wendy's & they beat my ass.

Feel free to check out my pics, like I said, I prove my shit, even if there isn't much to prove. Feel free to say that you showed Monica Lewinsky hands on, everything that she knows. Until you post pictures, your claims mean nothing. And if you did train Monica, now I'll have a better understanding of why you're on my jock.

Also, the striking forum didn't ask me if I trained or not, 1 guy asked me if the new Maleipet DVD was new or not & another guy asked me if I liked Tech N9ne. Way to add to the conversation.

And obviously you don't read my posts though, like I said I used to box, so me sharing my opinion of boxing instructionals is legit. But feel free to hate & degrade my boxing experience, you've never met me before & know nothing about me, I'm sure your opinion will be on target. LOL

To be fair to him, I don't think he has ever posted anything to correct some ones technique. As far as I know, the majority of people that watch BJJ matches train in BJJ or a related sport. Perhaps he is a new breed of fan that doesn't feel like training in the sport but loves watching people practice it.

There are many fans of various sports who don't do the sport but love to watch it. Such as American football, baseball, cricket etc.

I don't train in MMA but still enjoy watching MMA matches.

To be honest, I think GSparky will reap a whole host of benefits by training in jiu jitsu or any related grappling sport. It will help him get fit, have a lot of fun and appreciate grappling so much more.

In the end, we don't know what his circumstances are. He could be far away from a gym, its too expensive, he has some kind of physical problem etc.

I don't really have a problem with it. I was just pointing out Mat Nemesis could train MT so he might not necessarily be stalking. Like I said, public forum; basically get thicker skin.

Only frustrating part is someone talking about wanting to train, you want them to just go train already, that's all. Nothing malicious here.

I don't really have a problem with it. I was just pointing out Mat Nemesis could train MT so he might not necessarily be stalking. Like I said, public forum; basically get thicker skin.

Only frustrating part is someone talking about wanting to train, you want them to just go train already, that's all. Nothing malicious here.
I think Roy beans dvds are great for basic fundamentals.

This thread is 10 years old so if he didn't know shit then I'm sure he knows some shit by now.

GSparky, I don't want to be an arsehole. But I think you are forcing me to be. You seem like a nice guy and tried to be helpful to people but you really need to train before you can start commenting on how good their instructionals are. In the end you will love jiu jitsu much more and understand BJJ matches in a way in which only a trained person can.

I don't know if it is true, but I have heard that a university offers a course in surfing that doesn't include actual surfing. The people on that course are never actually going to fully appreciate surfing like someone who actually surfs.

I know you are entitled to your opinion and there have been people that have become good using a lot of instructionals such as Laimon.

Thats just my take on things. You can have perfectly legitimate arguments why a persons points are still valid without having done the sport in question.

wait this fuqer doesn't even train? he is like that wanna be catch guy? jesus

IVcQgR8.jpg

Roy Dean is legit, just don't go messing around with his front desk girl...

Back