How legit is GSP's third degree Kyokushin black belt?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Is it legit? That's what it says on wikipedia and I do believe that GSP practiced kyokushin karate for a while when he was younger.....or is it something like Anderson Silva's fifth fucking degree Taekwondo black belt....

39d23426e5dc8bf84ca03fb8911b3c52.jpg

Thats GSP receiving his third degree BB..

Yes I think that might have been that, which means it might not really be any more legit than Anderson Silva's fifth degree taekwondo black belt....so do you know?

39d23426e5dc8bf84ca03fb8911b3c52.jpg

Thats GSP receiving his third degree BB..

Funny how when somebody is great people try anything they can to drag their name or reputation through dog shit, must be another Conor McGregor fan doing what they do to Ronda because they want him to be the most popular fighter current but looks like this guy is going after popular fighters of the past. I mean they won't come up for air on Ronda and looks like GSP might be next.

Bas Rutten: He has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Stephen Quadros: Yes, well many of the fighters
have a black belt.
Rutten: Yes, but in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu you can't buy your belt like in say, Tae Kwon Do.
Quadros: Do you have any belts?
Rutten: I have a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Bas Rutten: He has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Stephen Quadros: Yes, well many of the fighters
have a black belt.
Rutten: Yes, but in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu you can't buy your belt like in say, Tae Kwon Do.
Quadros: Do you have any belts?
Rutten: I have a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do.

cheryl-cole-gif-35.gif

He said it was the reason his takedowns were effective, it's where he learned to move in and out so fast. If true that alone legitimizes his Kyokushin black belt.

Not as legit as if he were to have earned it in feudal Japan.

TS has the right to feel good about himself today, he managed to stealth bash not only the GOAT number 1 but also the number 2

Last edited:
Holy crap, its like a Mayberry gathering in here.

Before he started taking people down at will, gsps striking was definitely on point.

Back