How is your memory do you remember things from childhood, names, places, etc?

I remember things from my childhood better than things that happened 5 minutes ago.

I have the memory of someone with advanced Alzheimer's. while i do remember random irrelevant things from my entire life, i forget many important things that took place recently. and i am abysmal at remembering names. i need to try some of those vitamins that are supposed to help with memory

Im always impressed with the elderly who are great at telling stories of their youth and are still sharp as a tact, what I found though is many of them don't eat much red meat, so maybe eating a lot of bbq meat messed with peoples memory?

With me I thinks it’s booze. I go to a lot of concerts and sporting events and only have vague memories of them lol...sometimes I forget I was there. I’m planning a night out with some other couples and I felt like it had been a year since we all went out....my one buddy was like, dude we hung out a few months ago. Totally forgot. Meanwhile I can remember living in a particular house watching a particular tv show with my dog when I was 3.

I'm really good at remembering things if I make a point of making a mental note of it. For example, I can remember the reason we changed protocol or the way we do things in the office even if it was 10 years ago. Others in the office seem to struggle with what triggered the change. So I'm good with things that I consider worth remembering and where I know it will come up in the future.

What I'm bad with and need to improve with are the small things. If someone tells me their name at the beginning of a conversation, I'll probably forget it by the end. Honestly, I don't know if I'm even paying attention some of the times. Lately, I've also been bad with mixing up days.

My memory seems to depend up the health of my stomach. I have an IBD condition. When sick my memory is very poor. When the stomach is doing well my memory is very good. It's frustrating.

I have the memory of someone with advanced Alzheimer's. while i do remember random irrelevant things from my entire life, i forget many important things that took place recently. and i am abysmal at remembering names. i need to try some of those vitamins that are supposed to help with memory
i think they call that alpha brain by joe rogans onnit labs lol

I'm really good at remembering things if I make a point of making a mental note of it. For example, I can remember the reason we changed protocol or the way we do things in the office even if it was 10 years ago. Others in the office seem to struggle with what triggered the change. So I'm good with things that I consider worth remembering and where I know it will come up in the future.

What I'm bad with and need to improve with are the small things. If someone tells me their name at the beginning of a conversation, I'll probably forget it by the end. Honestly, I don't know if I'm even paying attention some of the times. Lately, I've also been bad with mixing up days.
Yeah forgetting new peoples names is pretty common i think its because you are lost in convo and distracted, same thing happens to me.
When i watch movies in the theater at the end i forgot a few trailers they showed at the beginning, ill remember one or two but forget others, ill tell my bro hey do you remember the trailers they showed and he will forget some as well.

Yeah forgetting new peoples names is pretty common i think its because you are lost in convo and distracted, same thing happens to me.
When i watch movies in the theater at the end i forgot a few trailers they showed at the beginning, ill remember one or two but forget others, ill tell my bro hey do you remember the trailers they showed and he will forget some as well.
and it has nothing to do with propecia..what will you blame next on it, all your lifes misfortunes and people cutting you off on the road. Come on. If you have brain fog its because you dont work out, probabily drink or something and in general dont care of your mental faculties and/or body.

I've had a few concussions so my memory's a bit patchy. There's periods of my life where I remember things in vivid detail, then there's large chunks of my life that don't even exist. I notice that as I get older, my brain filters out more & more crap, normal everyday things I forget pretty quickly unless it's something I need to remember but unusual things like "why is there a party clown in my office?" get burned into permanent memory. I won't remember what I had for lunch unless I was eating it off a naked stripper or something.

It's damn near photographic. I remember shit my gf wore on dates a year ago. I remember small details about people that they tell me and bring it up later in conversation and even they don't remember telling me it.

Even on Sherdog, when a poster that hasn't been around for years just pops up out of nowhere and starts posting again, I rattle off all the shit they posted about themselves five years ago.

My gf hates it, we'll get into an argument, she'll go off on me about something I did or said and I'll recall something she said six months prior and throw it back at her. Even she didn't remember saying it.

i remember stuff like phone numbers from when i was 8 and under

and it has nothing to do with propecia..what will you blame next on it, all your lifes misfortunes and people cutting you off on the road. Come on. If you have brain fog its because you dont work out, probabily drink or something and in general dont care of your mental faculties and/or body.
You must be a propecia user

I jog every morning and at night, and I don't drink I only got brain fog after taking propecia, and many other users have reported sideffects online on the message boards while using propecia

it also gave me depression an insomnia and testicle pain. I ignored those sides for the hair.

I've smoked/partied away most of my memory capabilities. I am like Guy Pearce in Memento where I write down or put a note in my phone of anything that I think will be important later. I am absolutely abysmal with names and that has come back to bite me in the ass in the business world. Every night I jot down a list of things that need to get done the next day so that I do not forget to do something. It helps a lot. I know my memory sucks so I do everything I can to mitigate the consequences.

I remember everything, my parents don't lol

I have ADD so... what was the fucking question again... oh yeah my short term memory is absolutely horrendous but I remember some things from my formative years... mostly the bad stuff though :(

Back