How is your memory do you remember things from childhood, names, places, etc?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man I used to have a good memory now I forget the names of people I knew from elementary and junior high, I still vaguely remember things, I forgot names of songs but once I hear it on the radio I remember it. I still remember stuff when I was younger but I have difficulty remembering the name of the song or the name of the place or dates.

I'm in my 30s.

I think this has to do with taking propecia for 5 years, it gave me really bad brain fog.

I saw someone from my high school at the mall last year and I had trouble remembering them, they said they knew me from woodshop class, and we basically hung out junior year and ditched with a group of students. I just played along with it, until I finally started remembering them , I was like oh yeah I remember mr Epsteins wood class, that was our teacher he was dope he used to tell us stories when he was a police officer

I know some people in their 70s and 80s who still have amazing memory, who can remember things from their childhood and tell stories. I wish I had that type of memory.

Not very good.

Partying and multiple concussions doesn't help.

Propecia is fucking poison, fucked up my system, bad.

I don’t remember a lot of kids from school, but that was loooong ago. Lol

I have this thing about phone numbers though. Still remember numbers that I called once or twice over 20 years ago.

Thats what you get for being insecure
A mans hair is everything, plus im a light skin black man with a horrible head shape so im screwed, my brothers are darker skinned and look normal with a bald head, I would look funny. If I were dark skin id shave it right off and rock a baldy.

I have an incredible long term memory....images from being a baby. But names and recent events not so much....

I have an incredible long term memory....images from being a baby. But names and recent events not so much....
Im always impressed with the elderly who are great at telling stories of their youth and are still sharp as a tact, what I found though is many of them don't eat much red meat, so maybe eating a lot of bbq meat messed with peoples memory?

Fortunately, my common sense and street smarts are at an extremely high level to make up for this.

18ynxv.jpg

Now that this thread is about hair loss instead of memory, we need to get Louis in here stat.

Fuck no,I had a stroke nearly 3 years ago,it's really screws my memory. I lose track of conversations while having them and can't remember shit of what I did I few hours or days ago.

I remember many things from my childhood but forget things that happened last week.

They say the memory is the second thing to go.

Last edited:
I have really good memory from being child, as early as 3 possibly 2 years old, I remember dreams from when I was 4, I had such a solid dream about a tiny dragon I held in my hand that took me years to realize it was a dream, because it was so vivid.

I don’t remember a lot of kids from school, but that was loooong ago. Lol

I have this thing about phone numbers though. Still remember numbers that I called once or twice over 20 years ago.

You should be a mathematician..

Or..

Are you a mathmeticmath?

I remember a lot of stuff from childhood, starting from 2 or 3 years old. Have some difficulties with new names though. Like, at a work meeting there are 3 new colleagues and well fuck me I will remember 1 of their names at best. Remember faces perfectly though.

I remember a lot of stuff from childhood, starting from 2 or 3 years old. Have some difficulties with new names though. Like, at a work meeting there are 3 new colleagues and well fuck me I will remember 1 of their names at best. Remember faces perfectly though.
Yeah I'm not good with new names either, especially if I only met the person once. Back in undergrad I ran into this dude from class and he's like "hey Slobodan how's it going man" and I'm like "oh hey... Anthony right?" and he goes "my name's Matt" lol

yeh ive already began to forget names of people i went to school with. i think most peoples memories are good for 5 years then events start to blur, merge and fade.

its amazing how you can spend so much time doing something or working with someone and all you retain of that event or person is a few scenes.

Last edited:
My visual memory is awful.

I can't close my eyes and intentionally build a detailed picture of anything. It's really bad.

But then weirdly enough i've had highly visual dreams where I could see things in precise detail.

The brain is a weird thing.

Back