How is You’ll Romero like 43 and still the best athlete in the sport

He trains all year unlike some fighters who only train during camp. Forgot which weight class but his brother was an ibf champ and he trains with him a lot.

hes a freak athlete not just by MMA standards but even sports with top athletes

look at his athleticism in the wrestling vids in his 20s/early 30s............im not sure how many 40yos are nearly clearing the cage off flying knees and doing sprinting backflips into a cafe

Last edited:
I won't Romero!

Why do you say I will Romero?
You'll Romero dammit you lying Son Of a Werdum!!
You'll Romero and like it!

B8BsTva.gif

Someone who can shoop please create Yule Romero

Templates:

IMG_4281.PNG IMG_4280.JPG IMG_4281.PNG IMG_4282.JPG IMG_4283.GIF IMG_4284.JPG IMG_4285.PNG IMG_4286.JPG IMG_4287.JPG IMG_4288.JPG IMG_4289.JPG IMG_4280.JPG

hes a freak athlete not just by MMA standards but even sports with top athletes

Lets not get carried away. He might have been athletically on par with the typical NFL level running back or linebacker when he was in his prime. At 41 he wouldnt be able to keep up in pretty much any major team sport.

No one is saying that it can’t be done moron. But to say age is not a factor is ridiculous. Even when Bernard Hopkins was doing it, his punch output in fights decreased significantly, because he was old. He also lost to guys he would’ve wiped the floor with when he was in his 30’s. Why? Because he could not sustain a high work rate in his 40’s.

Don’t be an idiot. If fighters could fight until they’re 50, 99.9% of them would. That’s what makes Hopkins the exception.

whether or not, he wasn't at his best, he was still competing at the highest level...not sure what you have against someone past a certain age...but you seem to have a great deal of ageism my friend...the reason many athletes stop competing at their best, has more to do with less time to train, cause of family...stress...kids growing up..getting married...children, when you never had them before...all those things contribute...you just seem to think that age is the determining factor, when it's not...too many athletes throughout history, in all different sports have proven my case...injuries also can take a toll...

but the fact is, hopkins was a world champion at 50..that is the highest level in boxing...so go ahead, call me a moron again...hahahahahaahahahaha, you're only making yourself look more and more retarded...

He just has great genetics for cage fighting.

He's an Olympic silver medalist. So, obviously he has great genetics for grappling.

His younger brother was the IBF, Ring Mazagine, and WBA cruiserweight world boxing champion (29-1 with 6 world championship title defenses and 9 total world championship wins in 9 different fights). So, he has great genetics for striking too. It shows in his natural instincts for striking; he's a wrestler but his boxing, chin, and KO power are among the best in the sport.

His brother:

Yoan_Pablo_Hern%C3%A1ndez_2008.JPG

I don't think he could compete at 43 in many other sports. I also don't think that he hasn't started physically declining. He has; watch his first few MMA fights and it's obvious. His genetics for fighting are just so abnormally good that, even at 43, he still has among the best athleticism for cage fighting.

He was engineered in a communist lab.

whether or not, he wasn't at his best, he was still competing at the highest level...not sure what you have against someone past a certain age...but you seem to have a great deal of ageism my friend...the reason many athletes stop competing at their best, has more to do with less time to train, cause of family...stress...kids growing up..getting married...children, when you never had them before...all those things contribute...you just seem to think that age is the determining factor, when it's not...too many athletes throughout history, in all different sports have proven my case...injuries also can take a toll...

but the fact is, hopkins was a world champion at 50..that is the highest level in boxing...so go ahead, call me a moron again...hahahahahaahahahaha, you're only making yourself look more and more retarded...

I can’t believe this is even a point of argument. Let’s be honest, you never followed Hopkins career. He was not beating the best guys in his late 40’s. As a matter of fact, he had a few embarrassing performances because of his age. Most notably his last fight. Also, the second Roy Jones fight was an embarrassment. It was quite obvious he couldn’t compete with Kovalev or Dawson, because he was not physically able. Everyone that followed Bernard Hopkins career, knows the man trained year round. Stop mentioning a fighter you know nothing about.

Lebron James who is widely recognized as a top tier athlete finally had a significant injury in his 16th season, you think that’s coincidence?

I can’t believe this is even a point of argument. Let’s be honest, you never followed Hopkins career. He was not beating the best guys in his late 40’s. As a matter of fact, he had a few embarrassing performances because of his age. Most notably his last fight. Also, the second Roy Jones fight was an embarrassment. It was quite obvious he couldn’t compete with Kovalev or Dawson, because he was not physically able. Everyone that followed Bernard Hopkins career, knows the man trained year round. Stop mentioning a fighter you know nothing about.

Lebron James who is widely recognized as a top tier athlete finally had a significant injury in his 16th season, you think that’s coincidence?

hopkins was a world champion at 50. end of story...and lebron had the injury cause of his years of playing, not age...I simply refuse to accept that age is anything but something in your mind and does not control you.

hopkins was a world champion at 50. end of story...and lebron had the injury cause of his years of playing, not age...I simply refuse to accept that age is anything but something in your mind and does not control you.

He was not a champ at 50, moron. Everyone ages, everyone slows down. How’s that even debatable?

Back