How is Vince Mcmahon workaholic? i don't get it

WWE has been around since forever,they could have done better.
the UFC was sold for 4 Billion dollars,they are probably worth 6 Billion now.i view the UFC as a competition to WWE,whether everybody want to admit or not,WWE is losing most of their fans to them for the last 15 years.
LOL and you use UFC as the counterpoint.

They're not even on 2010 levels these days.

LOL and you use UFC as the counterpoint.

They're not even on 2010 levels these days.
maybe the level of interest is lower and there is no big ppv every month like 2008-2011 but more people know about mma more than ever now.look at the number of views and comments on youtube,instagram,twitter.

And yet they're champion has to accept an award on the red carpet.....But somehow they're more ubiquitous than the WWE LOL

And yet they're champion has to accept an award on the red carpet.....But somehow they're more ubiquitous than the WWE LOL
both WWE and UFC accepted their awards on the red carpet.
roman won it for his return

Not even a casual smh

He's a workaholic because he's an obsessed control freak regarding every aspect of the show.

saudi arabia reached to the WWE not the opposite,their country are hosting entertainment and live events to show the world that they are open to everything.i don't really think the deal will last all the 10 years.

They’re open to big sweaty guys humping each other. They’re also open to genocide on gays, Yemenis and Shiites.

McMahon was always overrated. he was smart in the 80s when he reinvented wrestling but by the 90s he was losing grip on the market until the wrestlers went to him and told him to lay off the corny gimmicks and let them pick their own. Then he sold out to corporate for money and went to a slow rating fall ever since.

Haven’t watched regularly in YEARS but I hear what keeps them afloat is the tv deals and overseas shows. Last wrestlemania was garbage. My friend bought tickets for a local show two months ago and the indies sucks too. We realized the business passed us by and went to shit.

I don’t. Em :eek::eek::eek::eek: rhe ron isn’t this thread

Also what a. Great time to be a fan

McMahon was always overrated. he was smart in the 80s when he reinvented wrestling but by the 90s he was losing grip on the market until the wrestlers went to him and told him to lay off the corny gimmicks and let them pick their own. Then he sold out to corporate for money and went to a slow rating fall ever since.

Haven’t watched regularly in YEARS but I hear what keeps them afloat is the tv deals and overseas shows. Last wrestlemania was garbage. My friend bought tickets for a local show two months ago and the indies sucks too. We realized the business passed us by and went to shit.
Stock at +1000and getting billions for the shitty tv shows.

Yeah Vince has lost it lol.

Stock at +1000and getting billions for the shitty tv shows.

Yeah Vince has lost it lol.
House and ratings are shit. The gravy train from tv contracts is gonna stop. They canceled two shows in Italy.

The industry went to shit in some ways but I think things have been pretty good for the past few years unless you want a steady product to follow. Everything is about quantity over quality now because that's how you keep your audience in today's market with no real competition. You just inundate the fans with so much shit that there's no time to watch anything else instead of creating a superior product (also see modern UFC). It's the "lifestyle" or "experience" type of marketing. It's all about wrapping your entire life up in consumerism and branding.

But if you don't mind picking and choosing and prefer match quality over being able to follow something (not shitting on people who like the latter, just think it's harder to find), I think things have been pretty good. I just kind of loosely follow NJPW and WWE's Takeover shows and I check out whatever is getting good ratings on Cagematch.net.

For me, I felt like pro wrestling had peaked with guys like Misawa and Kobashi in the late 90s and early 2000s, but then things started getting pretty interesting again around 2016 and it caught my attention again. Then Omega vs Okada 1 happened, and then Shibata vs Okada, which I think can lay legitimate claim to being one of the best matches ever. At that point I was convinced that pro wrestling is not dead and it can still be great.

Pro wrestling is a weird thing in that so many people look for and enjoy different things about it. It could be that you've been looking at shows designed for a specific demographic which no longer contains you, but there might still be more out there you'll like. I think the main thing we're missing right now is something like Attitude era style weekly programming, and AEW may be the last hope for that but I'm not pinning my hopes on them to fit that style.

They're going to collect billions for their shows on two networks.

I wish I was dying like that.
We wish you were dying too.

Wasn't about to let that one slip by.

The industry went to shit in some ways but I think things have been pretty good for the past few years unless you want a steady product to follow. Everything is about quantity over quality now because that's how you keep your audience in today's market with no real competition. You just inundate the fans with so much shit that there's no time to watch anything else instead of creating a superior product (also see modern UFC). It's the "lifestyle" or "experience" type of marketing. It's all about wrapping your entire life up in consumerism and branding.

But if you don't mind picking and choosing and prefer match quality over being able to follow something (not shitting on people who like the latter, just think it's harder to find), I think things have been pretty good. I just kind of loosely follow NJPW and WWE's Takeover shows and I check out whatever is getting good ratings on Cagematch.net.

For me, I felt like pro wrestling had peaked with guys like Misawa and Kobashi in the late 90s and early 2000s, but then things started getting pretty interesting again around 2016 and it caught my attention again. Then Omega vs Okada 1 happened, and then Shibata vs Okada, which I think can lay legitimate claim to being one of the best matches ever. At that point I was convinced that pro wrestling is not dead and it can still be great.

Pro wrestling is a weird thing in that so many people look for and enjoy different things about it. It could be that you've been looking at shows designed for a specific demographic which no longer contains you, but there might still be more out there you'll like. I think the main thing we're missing right now is something like Attitude era style weekly programming, and AEW may be the last hope for that but I'm not pinning my hopes on them to fit that style.
Thanks for the website,I’ll check it out. I saw one takeover at a friends house, I enjoyed it when the matches were not spot monkey shit but they seems tailored for a very specific small demo. I watched one of the omega v okada match, it was good. I need to give Japanese wrestling a shot.

It could be that you've been looking at shows designed for a specific demographic which no longer contains you,

This is what I agree the most with. After watching wrestlemania and a local indie show last winter, old 90s realism fans like my friend and me felt left behind. Too mutch hokey shit and spot fest. I miss when the wrestlers and commentators job was to make you believe it was a true contest but I know it’s not coming back.

Back