How is 'UFC Aldo' a point-fighter?

Wikipedia actually. And you can't argue the facts. He doesn't look to finish like he used to.

People only complain because they know he has the potential for more. Same happened with GSP.

Does he look to finish?

6/7 Fights in the WEC ended in finishes. 4/6 in the UFC have gone to the scorecards.

Point Fighter.

I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but I'll bite. Simply comparing his competition from the wec and ufc should debunk this, and wtf is a point fighter?

but... but.. but he grabbed the cage versus mendes!

are you really gonna act like that didn't contribute to the finish? nova uniao fighters LOVE fence grabbing. brazilians gonna be brazilians.

are you really gonna act like that didn't contribute to the finish? nova uniao fighters LOVE fence grabbing. brazilians gonna be brazilians.

It didn't really.

It didn't really.

we must have watched a different fight. dude grabbed the cage to avoid a TD a kicked mendes in the head after the grab....very clear to see. can't wait to make some underdog money on mendes.

Wikipedia actually. And you can't argue the facts. He doesn't look to finish like he used to.

People only complain because they know he has the potential for more. Same happened with GSP.

I'm not sure you know the definition of "facts" maybe you should wikipedia that as well.

It's not Aldo's fault that a great deal of his opponents are fairly reluctant to engage him.
Nowhere Fast said:
6/7 Fights in the WEC ended in finishes. 4/6 in the UFC have gone to the scorecards.

Point Fighter.
Yeah guys remember Frankie Edgar is MUCH easier to finish than Chris Mickle and Rolando Perez

:icon_lol:

He just doesn't go for finishes as much as some guys, it's not as black and white as point fighter, or non-point fighter, shades of grey.

I wouldn't call anyone a point fighter, but even given what most people consider "point fighting" I don't think Aldo fits.

What he's become is much more measured and cautious. He still looks to finish, but he doesn't pour it on like he used to. He'll go 100% a few times a round, but for the most part, he's coasting a bit. Winning, clearly, but not more than that. And he hasn't needed to do more than that. Aldo coasting has been better than the best of everyone he's fought in the last few years. He's less viscerally exciting these days, but his technical brilliance is still pretty amazing to watch.

Agreed

we must have watched a different fight. dude grabbed the cage to avoid a TD a kicked mendes in the head after the grab....very clear to see. can't wait to make some underdog money on mendes.

Yeah you must have. Mendes got a similar TD after the grab, only for Aldo to spring back up and render him senseless moments later.

Aldo has already admitted to fighting safe.
That's because he came from poverty and literally cried when he put on his first suit because he never thought he would get to buy one.

That's because he came from poverty and literally cried when he put on his first suit because he never thought he would get to buy one.

I never said there was anything wrong with fighting safe.

I'm just saying, people who try their hardest to deny it are full of shit.

Aldo is a killer, fuck the haters. His rematch with Mendes, Jones Gus 2, Cerrone Miller and Lawler Brown are the fights I'm looking forward to most this year.

Yeah you must have. Mendes got a similar TD after the grab, only for Aldo to spring back up and render him senseless moments later.

when the fuck did mendes get a TD after the grab??? are you high dude?

I never said there was anything wrong with fighting safe.

I'm just saying, people who try their hardest to deny it are full of shit.
Fair enough. I don't think fighting safe is the same as not taking risks though. He does everything he needs to soundly beat his opponents but if they aren't gonna keep coming after him and make it a fight then he's not gonna stick his neck out just to prove a point.

Geordie "Shadow" Munro;95755097 said:
Aldo is a killer, fuck the haters. His rematch with Mendes, Jones Gus 2, Cerrone Miller and Lawler Brown are the fights I'm looking forward to most this year.

Can't wait till he fight Cayenne 'Pepper' Velasquez

Go and watch the fight again. Don't worry, I will probably still be around so you can come back and apologize to me later.

lol dude get a clue, you sound biased and dumb as fuck with your bullshit, it was leterally 2 seconds after the fence grab.

Well, I wouldn't say he plays it safe, more of he does enough to win. Wins 3 rounds takes the next two off. I wouldn't call that playing it safe. When you can sit in multiple fighters mount and offensive capabilities. He does what he needs to do. That's it. He will finish when he sees a huge opening. Otherwise he does enough to win.

Back