How is the iv ban regulated???

SlickNickG

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
See title. I just feel like I'd say ok then do it anyways as soon as I left the weigh in venue. How can the athletic conmision be sure fighters aren't saying fuck that and doing it anyway.. Cuz I probably would.

the hematological module of the biological passport will be able to spot infusions.
and good old fashioned, knocking on hotel room doors, monitoring athletes, digging through trash bins

but mainly the biological passport.

there is no ratified test for "plastics", although usada are rumoured to be working on something.

the hematological module of the biological passport will be able to spot infusions.
and good old fashioned, knocking on hotel room doors, monitoring athletes, digging through trash bins

there is no ratified test for "plastics", although usada are rumoured to be working on something.
That brings up a good question about the "plastics" test. They've known for some time that an IV does change some biological markers enough to avoid detection of some compounds at low doses, but they can't actually test for the IV "plastics" as they say? Seems like they would have already worked on that.

microchips implanted in fighters.

UFC can monitor all their activities during fight week.

Good 'ol fasioned honesty and a fear of the Lord's retribution.

That brings up a good question about the "plastics" test. They've known for some time that an IV does change some biological markers enough to avoid detection of some compounds at low doses, but they can't actually test for the IV "plastics" as they say? Seems like they would have already worked on that.
The test is for the plasticizer, which softens the bag. It's easily detectable, but whether or you can tell someone used an IV based on that test is pretty far from settled.

The test is for the plasticizer, which softens the bag. It's easily detectable, but whether or you can tell someone used an IV based on that test is pretty far from settled.
So is it common place to have plasticizer in your blood? Are there other reasonable explanations that would make sense? It seems like ingesting it wouldn't lead to the same amount as IV use so it would be pretty easy to tell.

It seems like if a fighter wanted to beat that test it would be extremely easy to do so.

why would you annoy the fighters with the second line if you can just check through the passport?

why would you annoy the fighters with the second line if you can just check through the passport?

because for most fighters they dont have much passport data yet. dont know the breakdown of blood v urine, but if we assume blood is taken whenever 2 samples collected, they only have passport data on the very top fighters at the moment

because for most fighters they dont have much passport data yet. dont know the breakdown of blood v urine, but if we assume blood is taken whenever 2 samples collected, they only have passport data on the very top fighters at the moment
oh i thought like, a blood sample would be enough info to make a passport stuff or w/e. do they need to take another extra blood sample to get the passport data?

oh i thought like, a blood sample would be enough info to make a passport stuff or w/e. do they need to take another extra blood sample to get the passport data?

they can use any blood sample collected.

but if we assume that all cases where 1 sample is collected from the athlete is urine, and cases wheres its 2 as 1 blood 1 urine, then the number of blood collections is relatively low.

At the moment it looks like blood collection on the whole is being restricted to the top tier fighters. For example, snippet of the last few weeks.

yZUHCMW.png

Cruz, Alvarez, Werdum likely had blood collected, the rest, just urine (its an assumption but a fair assumption)

like the regular testing will take a while to roll out. From 20 samples a week, to 30, 50 and now 70 samples a week being collected, from just the main card at events being tested to entire cards, things are steadily progressing. At the moment, probably just the top handful of fighters have bio passport profiles, but eventually will be rolled out to everyone.

See title. I just feel like I'd say ok then do it anyways as soon as I left the weigh in venue. How can the athletic conmision be sure fighters aren't saying fuck that and doing it anyway.. Cuz I probably would.
what they do is come to your home or hotel room and catch you using it. Then, if you are floyd mayweather, they write you a usage exemption and don't tell anyone.

So is it common place to have plasticizer in your blood? Are there other reasonable explanations that would make sense? It seems like ingesting it wouldn't lead to the same amount as IV use so it would be pretty easy to tell.
Depends on the specific one, but yeah, they're everywhere. Higher numbers would likely suggest IV use, but that can't be definitively shown now. As the tests get better and more evidence is collected, we'll find out. The test is still pretty new.

they can use any blood sample collected.

but if we assume that all cases where 1 sample is collected from the athlete is urine, and cases wheres its 2 as 1 blood 1 urine, then the number of blood collections is relatively low.

At the moment it looks like blood collection on the whole is being restricted to the top tier fighters. For example, snippet of the last few weeks.

yZUHCMW.png

Cruz, Alvarez, Werdum likely had blood collected, the rest, just urine (its an assumption but a fair assumption)

like the regular testing will take a while to roll out. From 20 samples a week, to 30, 50 and now 70 samples a week being collected, from just the main card at events being tested to entire cards, things are steadily progressing. At the moment, probably just the top handful of fighters have bio passport profiles, but eventually will be rolled out to everyone.
hmm, i thought they would prioritize blood for some reason, that urine isnt that important and that its way easier to pass these urine tests, so they would actually take blood samples if its only one

thats nice for me cause i think a specific figther that looked quite deflated last year can start getting back on his vitamins before the passport gets done so that when he gets back on form, it doesnt show up in the passport, cause i believe it would show this kind of stuff quite easily, not sure

Whenever in doubt the answer is always the same.

Reebok deal

Back