How is the buzz for boxing on CBS in the US?

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just curious.

X said they advertised it during an NFL game and showed an ad about 20 mins ago.

I understand a bounceyball game just went into overtime?

From the start I've been saying this under card wouldn't grab attention.

If CBS paid even close six figures for the rights to broadcast this boxing event I'd be quite shocked.

Yeah Sharkey I'm back in Canada and I can't find it anywhere :( we're running on expressVU HD

It's gotta be on there somewhere, bud. Shit, people with the most basic of cable packages can find this.

Its a stupid fight to return boxing to CBS.....The network will be looking for ratings results and how many sports fans tuning in who live in Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Seattle or Minneapolis gives a damn about a 118 pound fight featuring a Mexican-American from California and a Mexican......Golden Boy is either arrogant or ignorant to use this as the inagural bout.

Its a stupid fight to return boxing to CBS.....The network will be looking for ratings results and who in Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Seattle or Minneapolis gives a damn about a 118 pound fight featuring a Mexican-American from California and a Mexican......Golden Boy is either arrogant or ignorant to use this as the inagural bout.

2ia4lea.jpg

If Golden Boy wants to use a Hispanic why not offer an undefeated heavyweight like David Rodriguez or Andy Ruiz against former U.S. Olympian and undefeated Deontay Wilder.....at least general American sports fans can relate to heavyweights.....and its the general fans that CBS is trying to lure.

If Golden Boy wants to use a Hispanic why not offer an undefeated heavyweight like David Rodriguez or Andy Ruiz against former U.S. Olympian and undefeated Deontay Wilder.....at least general American sports fans can relate to heavyweights.....and its the general fans that CBS is trying to lure.

Ah now...

The fight is trending well in the US on Twitter, so maybe there is more than 6 people tuning in to watch. Unfortunately.

They need to stop calling this a bantamweight fight live on air

Huh? I don't see it at all here.
http://trendsmap.com/local/united+states

Are you sure you're not using local trends? That only shows what the people you're connected to are interested in.

Don't know what trends I'm using beyond United States. I don't follow too many people (67) and all the rest of the stuff that is trending in the US on my page isn't being mentioned at all on my timeline.

yup still nothing on twitter or google trends.

timing coudlent be better for CBS off the week of Pac/Marquez one of the most talked about events of the year. i personally like CBS/Showtime boxing production, its a breathe of fresh air no disrespect to HBO.

they did a great job and it was trending worldwide on twitter and even here in Canada's top Twitter feed.

timing coudlent be better for CBS off the week of Pac/Marquez one of the most talked about events of the year. i personally like CBS/Showtime boxing production, its a breathe of fresh air no disrespect to HBO.

they did a great job and it was trending worldwide on twitter and even here in Canada's top Twitter feed.

I didn't see it at all. I think you guys were looking at tailored trends not twitter trend map.

I didn't see it at all. I think you guys were looking at tailored trends not twitter trend map.

I don't know, bud, but I didn't have that tailored trend going pn at the time.

Just checked my twiiter and the following was trending in the US;

#ItsNotOkayTo
#MentionThePersonThatYouLoveOnTwitter
#SBK
Utah State
#beautyandthebeast
#SHSU
Toledo
Ustream
Christmas
Newtown

After that I clicked that tailored trend thingy and it looks a whole lot different;

Rustam Khabilov
#Butler
Utah State
#USWNT
#TUF16Finale
#SBK
#ItsNotOkayTo
Vinc Pichel
Catone
Varner

Quite a bit different.

Yeah Sharkey I'm back in Canada and I can't find it anywhere :( we're running on expressVU HD

golden sugar banned ,what a surprise :icon_lol:

and 477 posts in one week ? jesus christ people need to go out more

dont even know what tailored trends is till now. and naw it wasent. its on worldwide and my phone app cant change the area trend so its always on canada. both had cbs boxing related trends

Back