How is Ronda ducking Cyborg?

Given that Cyborg said she'd make 135 and has yet to weigh in at anything less than 144.5 why should we believe she even has the intention of making 140? Given that she has no leverage, at LEAST she could say "I'm trying here..." if she weighed in at 140 to beat up some can in Invicta right? Especially given she said in December of '13 she'd make 135 and was coming for Ronda.

Whatever the weight man, she wants none of Cyborg. No need to take the risk.
Its clear she wont budge from the comfort of her weight class. Forget the weight...the question is does she or does she not want to fight cyborg.

You sound like you are more concerned with the uneducated masses perceiving Ronda is superior to cyborg, rather than her actually proving it. You gotta fight the fight to win the fight, and cyborg will be more than just mentioned if Ronda never fights her, she will be an asterisks to her legacy, and everyone will know it.

Easy solution. Win the fight, leave no more doubt. Ronda fans should want this. This whole idea of not wanting a fighter to fight someone is a weird new thing Ronda brings out in fans. I'm not on board with that.

I want the fight too, and as a diehard I'll always wonder "Well, what if..." a bit. But that's not tarnishing a legacy. "Everyone" won't know it. I won't even look at it as an asterisk, just a fight that never got made.

I'm not the "uneducated masses" and I absolutely think Ronda is better. I bet her already against Cyborg if the fight happens by end of 2016. I know MMA and have made a lot of $ betting it. Watched, trained, been into MMA since 1999 when Tito was king. So please don't act like most diehards also don't believe Ronda wins.

Whatever the weight man, she wants none of Cyborg. No need to take the risk.
Its clear she wont budge from the comfort of her weight class. Forget the weight...the question is does she or does she not want to fight cyborg.

And you know this how?

You do know Ronda had accepted to fight Cyborg in SF at 145 and then Cris got popped right? And this was when Ronda wasn't near the fighter she is now. Of course she also has more to lose now given her status but I guarantee there's no question in Ronda's mind that she'd toss Cyborg on her head, mount her (like kickboxer Gina Carano did---TWICE) but she'd finish her from there.

But this isn't the schoolyard. There's a lot of factors that go into getting a fight like this made.

Calling out smaller fighters is so fucking lame. Silva did it to GSP now Cyborg to Rousey.

when they are both not in the same weight division let alone in the same organization?
It's not Ronda's fault that they can't physically fight each other.

Either Cyborg comes down to 135 and joins the UFC or Ronda goes up to 145 and joins FC.

Which one seems more likely? If you are Ronda would you go out of your way and gain 10 lbs leave UFC and join a weaker organization?

The thing is she ducked Cyborg in the past,moved down not to face her.
She already fought even at a heavier weight than 145 and now that she has cleanded out her division,instead of calling Cyborg out she always has excuses.

Weidman,Jones,Aldo,Conor,TJ,Frankie,MM every champ talks about moving up but Ronda doesn't...

Ronda competed at 154,5 in judo, started her MMA career at 145, is bigger and stronger than anyone at 135 and people say that Cyborg would have a massive and unfair weight advantage at 140 or 145 ?

And by the way, there is already a precedent in the UFC where two guys fought at a weightclass that was never used again after.

Ronda competed at 154,5 in judo, started her MMA career at 145, is bigger and stronger than anyone at 135 and people say that Cyborg would have a massive and unfair weight advantage at 140 or 145 ?

And by the way, there is already a precedent in the UFC where two guys fought at a weightclass that was never used again after.

UFC has never done a fight that was in a weight class higher then one they currently have tho, that's the difference. They have also never done a fight with a fighter that could not continue to fight for their org after cause there was no weight class for them to fight in. Its completely different man, not even almost the same.

I'd love to see this fight go down, but happening outside a weight class they currently have makes zero sense for so many reasons. They either need to add 145, or cyborg needs tpo drop thr eright

GSP never fought at 185, Ronda fought at 145 in MMA and even above that in judo.

When she fought in judo she was a bit over weight as well as they do same day weigh ins. Most people would compete in a higher weight class if they did same day weigh ins in mma

Ronda can easily make 145lbs... Cyborg may not be able to make 135 lbs w/out severely impacting her performance. If Ronda believes that she is truly the best female fighter on the planet, then she should prove it... else she should just be content with being the best 135 lbs female fighter and continue to destroy women who have no chance against her.

The sad thing is that I think she beats Cyborg at any weight... but she seems afraid to move up for whatever reason.

Ronda can easily make 145lbs... Cyborg may not be able to make 135 lbs w/out severely impacting her performance. If Ronda believes that she is truly the best female fighter on the planet, then she should prove it... else she should just be content with being the best 135 lbs female fighter and continue to destroy women who have no chance against her.

The sad thing is that I think she beats Cyborg at any weight... but she seems afraid to move up for whatever reason.

So you think the ufc should let her walk so she can fight cyborg in some shitty org that no one watches to prove she is the best to internet hardcore fans?

Think about it from a business point of view. They need to make it so cyborg can still be an asset to them win or lose after this fight or it makes no sense to dump money into promoting her for this fight.

Do a tuff 145 let her coach opposite of ronda then fight at 140 after, then either way they can both go on to run their division. 145 is a shitty division is the problem, but outside of that this fight happens at 135 or doesn't happen at all. Pretty simple really

So you think the ufc should let her walk so she can fight cyborg in some shitty org that no one watches to prove she is the best to internet hardcore fans?

Invicta has a very close relationship with the UFC and Cyborg would be free to compete on a UFC card against Ronda any time. I don't see your point??

Personally, I think they should bring in the 145lbs division and let Cyborg smash a couple of chicks in front of the masses... and then a fight between her and Ronda would be one of the highest grossing fights in UFC history. They could even do a TUF first to really put the hype in over-drive.

But alas... instead we get to see Ronda destroy a bunch of chicks that have no business in the cage with her... before she ultimately gets bored and goes into making movies full time or something...

She is not ducking Cyborg, other way around. Cyborg had a UFC contract and asked out of it. She could have fought Rousey but ELECTED NOT TO. The fight was there and still is but she will not drop to 135. Why? Because she knows she can not win this fight at 135.

That is all you really need to know

Edit - I will not put this all on Cyborg, remember Tito was advising and managing her. Where Cyborg screwed up is she would have likely beat Rousey at the beginning of her career but not now. Not with the improvements and experience Rousey has made.

Rousey wins by being the superior athlete and the dominant skill set - armbar first round.

Invicta has a very close relationship with the UFC and Cyborg would be free to compete on a UFC card against Ronda any time. I don't see your point??

Personally, I think they should bring in the 145lbs division and let Cyborg smash a couple of chicks in front of the masses... and then a fight between her and Ronda would be one of the highest grossing fights in UFC history. They could even do a TUF first to really put the hype in over-drive.

But alas... instead we get to see Ronda destroy a bunch of chicks that have no business in the cage with her... before she ultimately gets bored and goes into making movies full time or something...

It wouldn't be as big as people think, and if she were to lose the fight and cyborg goes back to invicta it would do more damage for the ufc then good. Short term gain isn't always worth long term loses. Theres a reason zuffa is a very successful business, its from making smart business decisions, this would be a stupid business decision to build up and hype a fighter they wont gain additional revenue from. To big of a gamble

Why would anyone want to watch Rousey who is for sure 160lbs fight smaller inferior opponents.
Rousey and Cyborg are the same strength and size except one of them has decided to beat up smaller opponents and become a big superstar and all the noobs are believing it like the big soap opera it is, sorry there's no excitement there knowing what the outcome of Rousey's fight will be and that's the way zuffa want's it.

The other one beats up smaller inferior opponents and is irrelevant.

UFC has never done a fight that was in a weight class higher then one they currently have tho, that's the difference.

Yes they did, they had one SHW fight with Barnett and McGee at UFC 28.

They have also never done a fight with a fighter that could not continue to fight for their org after cause there was no weight class for them to fight in.

Who cares ? Nobody really expected James Toney to have more than one fight in the UFC and it will probably go the way for CM Punk. By the way, Invicta is broadcasted on FightPass and is pretty much Zuffa's pet.

The UFC has a close relationship but they do not OWN Invicta.

In other words, let's say Cyborg wins. How does the UFC make ANY money off Cyborg at that point?

She can't fight in the UFC at 145. They've put a lot of money into promoting Cyborg in the lead up to the Rousey fight.

What are they going to do? Push a Tate-Cyborg catch weight fight?

Invicta makes out like bandits in that scenario, but what does the UFC get out of it other than a one off fight that won't offset all the future fights of Rousey as the 135 champion if the fight doesn't happen.

The only way to make it work is for the UFC to have the ability to make multiple fights for Cyborg. IE, they either need Cyborg at 135, or they wait until there's enough credible fighters at 145 to create a sustainable 145 division.

As always, it comes down to money for the promoter. If you're Dana White and your job is to make the most money possible for yourself and the Fertita's, you're simply not going to make the fight until there is enough financial reward to make it worth it to make the fight.

Yes they did, they had one SHW fight with Barnett and McGee at UFC 28.

Zuffa didn't own the UFC when they had UFC 28. And Semaphore went BANKRUPT exactly because they made idiotic decisions and weren't thinking about the bottom line.

Back