How is Ronda ducking Cyborg?

She isn't of course. It can't ever, ever be ducking if they're in a different weight class. Some people would like it if she moved up, but she sure isn't under any obligation to. Lol at some of the posts in here. Ronda likes beating up on smaller fighters? The fuck? Have you ever seen the girls Cyborg fights?!? Andy moved up to challenge himself? Lol no, he moved up only for the easiest fights possible stylistically.

That was one of the weird things you said - 20lb advantage. Surely you can subtract 135 from 145.

Cyborg enjoys a 15-20 pound advantage at FW but she doesn't want to give it up to fight at BW. where come fight day at BW both Cyborg and her opponents will be similar in weight.

Do get it now?

Anybody can lose some bulk not everybody is confident to fight at an even level playing field

Last edited:
I like watching Ronda's fights but not a fan of her and would actually like to see her lose.

Having said that, I totally agree with her stance. Why should she go up in weight to fight someone on steroids?

I actually think Cyborg wins if she is allowed to juice but Ronda wins if it is a legit 'no cheating' fight.

There is always the expectation that an extremely dominant champion (other than HW) move up to prove themselves as more of P4P goat. Anderson did it. BJ did it. Randy did it. Hendo did it. It is the ultimate mark of an intense competitor to take some risks.

This would make since if the UFC had a 145 class to fight in. There is no division to move up to for her. Ronda is in the big league Cyborg is not. It is on Cyborg to come to the number one company and to challenge her not the other way around.

But Honda fights men and drops pro level boxers in the gym.

White knight alert.

When did she fight men professionally???

Do i think she drops pro level boxers? Probably her power has been increasing and shes evolving, do i think she drops every training partner probably not?

Is Ronda gonna wreck Meisha and take Cyborg Arm Clean Off? U best believe it

Kinetics------>Sheep/hater alert

Its ok if your a beta male and intimidated by a confident woman in Ronda. Is normal Bruh

She's ducking b/c she won't move up 5 lbs to actually fight one of the few challenges in the world for her. She can stay in her weight class and fight Tate a 3rd time or actually challenge herself a little.

I know Ronda fought at 145 before, but I'm not sure how much of her dropping to 135 was ducking and how much was better opportunity. She Dropped got a title fight against Tate and has been defending that belt since. Now she is in the UFC which doesn't have a 145 div, should she really go fight at Invicta and hopefully be seen by 200 people? Cyborg isn't exactly fighting world class talent... recognizable talent... over there. Besides Cyborg is signed to the UFC, she just won't complete her fight at 135 over at Invicta so she can get her instant title fight. Oh, but if we remember to include that fact it makes it look like she is the problem and not Ronda.

Stop being a fool.

Cyborg cuts from 175 to 145 thats a (30 pound cut)

Ronda cuts from 152 to 135 thats a (17 pound cut)

Why not make Ronda vs Jedi at 130 so Ronda can have a nice weight advantage come fight day??

Honda in the olympics was heavier than 155 i think.

When did she fight men professionally???

Do i think she drops pro level boxers? Probably her power has been increasing and shes evolving, do i think she drops every training partner probably not?

Is Ronda gonna wreck Meisha and take Cyborg Arm Clean Off? U best believe it

Kinetics------>Sheep/hater alert

Its ok if your a beta male and intimidated by a confident woman in Ronda. Is normal Bruh

Not really I'm a black belt in bjj.

My teamate makenzie Dern would tap Honda, and she is smaller lol.

She's ducking b/c she won't move up 5 lbs to actually fight one of the few challenges in the world for her. She can stay in her weight class and fight Tate a 3rd time or actually challenge herself a little.

Again, that's not ducking. Ducking would be refusing to fight a contender in your own weight class. Like Tito did with Chuck. It also wasn't ducking when gsp never fought Anderson, and Anderson never fought Jones, or Jones never fought Cain.

Are u a fool?? Its not like the Olympics had same day weigh ins right??

How more ignorant can u sheep be??

Doesn't matter. Fact is Honda was a big girl too. To say she can't fight at 140 for catch weight is funny.

imma Honda hater and even i can see that she ain't ducking the Borg, who will just have to assimilate into the ufc if she wants a shot at RR.

Not really I'm a black belt in bjj.

My teamate makenzie Dern would tap Honda, and she is smaller lol.

Prove your a BJJ black belt?? Cause Otherwise im superman

I spoke to people that did marital arts and not one of them are ignorant like u, they dont sound like if a woman took their lollipop

Its not Ducking per se but who is left for Rhonda to fight?

Here is the UFC p4p WMMA top 10:

1. Ronda Rousey (12-0)

2. Joanna Jedrzejczyk (10-0)SW

3. Cristiane Justino (14-1, 1 NC)FW

4. Claudia Gadelha (13-1)SW

5. Jessica Aguilar (19-5) SW/FlyW

6. Cat Zingano (9-1) BW

7. Miesha Tate (17-5)BW

8. Barb Honchak (10-2)FlyW

9. Carla Esparza (10-3) SW

10. Alexis Davis (17-6) BW

There are only 3 BW's on this list and Rhonda has defeated 2 of them in 30 seconds combined. That's a clear indication that Rhonda has very little competition at BW since those are the three very best at that weight class. I am a big believer that the women's divisions need to be stretched out as there is such a thin amount of talent at this point. In 15 years I am sure that BW will be fuller but as of now its too thin. I think a weight class of 125-155 is warranted because a highly skilled 125 lb fighter will have a good test vs a less skilled 155lb wrestler in a women's fight. There is far fewer pure KO strikers in WMMA and a woman who is so supremely skilled as Rhonda should be tested vs a larger striking based fighter such as Cyborg as she is the only legit test left. I still would put my money on Rhonda but frankly I wouldn't bet on that fight if it were ever to happen, especially if Cyborg weighs in at 145.

Prove your a BJJ black belt?? Cause Otherwise im superman

I spoke to people that did marital arts and not one of them are ignorant like u, they dont sound like if a woman took their lollipop

If I knew how to post picture on this site I would lol. But than you would still question it anyhow.

Back