How is Robbie Lawler the # 1 Welterweight contender

Who has Lombard beat to put him higher than Lawler?

Condit is coming off a stoppage loss, while Lawler was a stuffed takedown away from being champ?

Brown beats Lawlor?! Lmao

You're a troll and have been reported.

Maybe this is it. But I don't understand why he got the title shot in the first place other than his exciting KO style.

He beat Rory..? Rory was very highly ranked and still is. He proved he was good enough to hang with the champ, too, so I have a very hard time rationalizing this thread.

Really?

Robbie is a bad match-up for nearly everyone in the top 10

Let's look at his attributes:

- Iron chin
- Power
- Great striking (along with defense) at WW
- Excellent takedown defense
- Sweeps/reversals

He's an excellent fighter at WW. Most of his losses came from him moving up in weight when he really shouldn't have.

Lawler is behind Hendricks because it was razor close decision ,on the other hand Hendricks destroyed GSP...

Lombard should be #2 behind Lawler IMO he completly destroyed shields who beat Woodley not too long ago.

because he almost beat hendricks and rankings mean nothing

People really like crying about Robbie winning that split decision.

Robbie whooped Rory's ass. Just because there was one retarded judge doesn't mean it was any closer.

I guess Varner barely won Guillard since one judge gave it to Melvin.

he beat #1 contender at the moment (rory macdonald) and lost a close decision to the champ

People really like crying about Robbie winning that split decision.

Robbie whooped Rory's ass. Just because there was one retarded judge doesn't mean it was any closer.

I guess Varner barely won Guillard since one judge gave it to Melvin.

Yeah, it was a very easy fight to score, whichever way you look at it.

33.3% of judges being retarded seems to also reflect the number of retards on sherdog.

because he was 1 round away from being a champ.

I love robbie (how can you not) but Johnny did have a pretty bad injury going into the fight. I believe a 100% Johnny would have been able to finish Robbie. He is great, but not a top 2 or 3.

Poor little fella is so new to this that he doesn't realise the ufc rankings mean NOTHING. And you fuckers just raped him.

Back