How is Khamzat a betting favorite over Edwards?

Khamzat will be the first time Edwards fights someone bigger than him since Dominic Waters, and Edwards's fighting style relies a lot on a size advantage. The way I see the fight is that Khamzat will probably be able to take down Edwards at will but on the ground Edwards has mean BJJ and can probably submit Khamzat from the ground.

Cause he remind people of Khabib at MW and WW that whys. Unknown but then will develop a undefeated record when he retires.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-favorite-over-leon-edwards-mma-gambling-news

How does that make any sense?

I get it that Khamzat has been active and looks like a monster, but Edwards has been undefeated for 5 years and has beaten much higher level competition.

If I were a betting man, I'd go Leon 100% with these odds.

Khamzat can definitely win this fight but there is also a big chance that this is going to be O'Malley-Vera all over again.
Cuz more people will bet for him. The lines are about bettors, not who is better.

Khamzat will be the first time Edwards fights someone bigger than him since Dominic Waters, and Edwards's fighting style relies a lot on a size advantage. The way I see the fight is that Khamzat will probably be able to take down Edwards at will but on the ground Edwards has mean BJJ and can probably submit Khamzat from the ground.

Very likely. I think the hype train will be derailed.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-favorite-over-leon-edwards-mma-gambling-news

I get it that Khamzat has been active and looks like a monster, but Edwards has been undefeated for 5 years and has beaten much higher level competition.

Khamzat can definitely win this fight but there is also a big chance that this is going to be O'Malley-Vera all over again.

I don't think that the MMA bettor is much smarter that posters on Sherdog. And yes this is ridiculous.

Funny thing is Khamzat get almost no hype in Sweden compared to what he gets on Sherdog/by the UFC. A couple of articles when he's fought but nothing else. The major newspapers in Sweden never writes a bout MMA except when Conor, Khabib or Gustafsson fights. Maybe Hermansson to. MMA is just not that popular in Sweden. I'd put Football (soccer), Hockey, Cross country skiing, Alpine skiing, Golf, swimming, horse racing, track and field, motorsport, floorball and handball as more popular sports to watch in Sweden.
No one asked

Leon Scott in comparison was inactive, got besmirched by Masvidal, is a boring decision fighter, whiny, overall unlikable and got taken down by Barbarena.

I think that a lot of people with such utterly retarded narratives are moving the lines.
That's your answer TS.

He has a recent MW KO win

I'm like a broken record in mma betting and I always say bet the dog. You gotta find at least one dog to pair with some fav's so I'd have to lean toward Leon.

That being said, I've did well on nfl and golf the last 2 years playing a heavy dose of fav's and I can't hit an mma parlay for shit cause I chase the dogs. Smesh express will probably roll on.

Funny thing is Khamzat get almost no hype in Sweden compared to what he gets on Sherdog/by the UFC. A couple of articles when he's fought but nothing else. The major newspapers in Sweden never writes a bout MMA except when Conor, Khabib or Gustafsson fights. Maybe Hermansson to. MMA is just not that popular in Sweden. I'd put Football (soccer), Hockey, Cross country skiing, Alpine skiing, Golf, swimming, horse racing, track and field, motorsport, floorball and handball as more popular sports to watch in Sweden.

They have been writing quite much about him lately thou

I think it's because his wrestling is that much better than Leon's. Leon had to fight tooth and nail to defend every takedown attempt against Nelson. It wore him out and he ended up mounted in the third round. Khamzat has wrestled since he was five, Leon started training MMA at like seventeen. That should tell you there will be a huge skill discrepancy in the wrestling department.

Last edited:

It doesn’t help that Khamzat is a Muslim immigrant with a sewed up cleft pallet. Khabib May have received some coverage in Sweden or wherever because he’s widely known for dismantling Conor, whom everyone follows. Yes MMA is nothing in Northern Europe, but deformed cleft, Muslim immigrant isn’t getting any fans unless he steamrolls everyone or trash talks so people have someone to hate on.

{<jordan}

Betting odds are an estimation of how people are going to bet on a fight, not the best estimation of the actual result.

Sherdog has a lot of viral marketing employees posing as fans. I have seen over-the-top hypes over the years, and when a fighter is getting shoved in the fan's face, it's quite blatant and obvious.

One example I can think of is when Rousey was on her winning streaks, the marketing employees were repeatedly pushing this cringe acronym "RRR" for Rousey on this forum, spamming every thread with it. It was lame, got backlash from fans and faded away soon after.

Another one was their pushing this idea that Rousey could beat up male fighters. :rolleyes: The shilling was so insufferable that when Holly Holm KO'd Rousey, Sherdoggers rejoiced in unity, no joke. :D

Anyone who assume that they have any clue what Khamzat’s true ranking in this division is, is being too narrow minded. He might be the second best in the world, he might be nummer 9, he might be number 11.
What we know is that no one has had the slighest of chance against him so far, and for people to hate on a prospect like that is hard for me to understand. A Chimaev win will make MMA far more interesting than a Leon Edwards win.

Based off Usman's domination of Edwards, and Edwards being a striker, Khamzat looks good here.

elite grapplers > elite strikers

nelson (who is smaller than leon) had him in full mount to end the fight and took him down twice in the first round. Usman took him down a bunch of times and nearly finished him in the third round. Leon may stuff some initial takedowns or get up quickly but there is no way Leon is stuffing takedowns for 5 rounds against Khamzat. Btw having to worry about defending against takedowns leads to hesitant striking (which Leon displayed against Gunner and Usman). He doesn't have the legit KO power for Khamzat to worry about it. Also, Khamzat definitely hits with more power. I expect Khamzat to be favored at least -200 by time fight begins.

Back