How is Khamzat a betting favorite over Edwards?

OP is only complaining about the odds because he wants to bet on Khamzat

same way brock was favored against randy, and jones favored against shogun, and izzy a big favorite against brunson, etc.

people think khamzat can and will win. it's pretty simple. rankings have nothing to do with it.

I think it's a test for both. It will be the first properly sized Welterweight Edwards take on for some time.

Yes RDA is good, Yes Nelson is legit, Yes I like Cowboy.. but they should all fight at lightweight .

Edwards is legit as well, I just have this sneaky feeling Khamzat is a maniac that will smack him like an evil toddler.

Just a gutfeeling..
I was on the Brandon Thatch hypetrain so i have been wrong as shit before
Lmao like an evil toddler, never heard that one before

same way brock was favored against randy, and jones favored against shogun, and izzy a big favorite against brunson, etc.

people think khamzat can and will win. it's pretty simple. rankings have nothing to do with it.

Daam you're right actually don't know why but I always thought Jones was the underdog against Shogun.

This happens every time on sheepdog, hype train derailment syndrome when people look into Edwards game and Skillset properly, which will only happen after he beats Chimaev.

I sense a controversial MD coming, and right after UFC will cut Leon like they did Jake shields, and Khamzat will go on to win and defend the championship belt, when in reality he should have clearly lost the fight.
Khabib should have lost to Tibau the same way, but nobody will care, especially the people who think somebody is clean on teh world level.
Leon will go on to whine about it like a bitch for the rest of his life while he's in Bellator where they will also try to get rid of him.

Really interesting fight, Leon should be the clear favorite due to his level of opposition but sometimes the unproven rises to the occasion, Khamzat has the wrestling and the sky high confidence to make this a really interesting fight, I have a hard time seeing him trying to stand with Leon who's really slick and excellent at rolling with punches, this fight will be determined by wether Edwards can stop Khamzats wrestling and how Khamza reacts when he gets cracked, because edwards will find openings.

Last edited:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-favorite-over-leon-edwards-mma-gambling-news

How does that make any sense?

I get it that Khamzat has been active and looks like a monster, but Edwards has been undefeated for 5 years and has beaten much higher level competition.

If I were a betting man, I'd go Leon 100% with these odds.

Khamzat can definitely win this fight but there is also a big chance that this is going to be O'Malley-Vera all over again.

It's because of one of my least favorite aspects of MMA and that is ranking.

You see, ranking isn't just there to rank, it's there to protect fighters that have fought for longer.

For example, if you rank a good fighter with a couple of fights, who's body is preserved and relatively injury free, with an equally good fighter who has had a couple of wars and has some mileage, usually the fresher fighter will win.

This is why leapfrogging ranking spots is unfair.

It's not that Khamzat isn't good good for the spot skill wise, it's that it's only fair that he gets his body banged up a bit before he gets to the higher ranked fighters.

And that goes for any fighter, you should pay your dues before you get the shot. You should bleed first.

Sadly that's not the case. Khamzat has had 0 friction in his career. 0.

So why don't you put your money where your mouth is and bet on Leon?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-favorite-over-leon-edwards-mma-gambling-news

How does that make any sense?

I get it that Khamzat has been active and looks like a monster, but Edwards has been undefeated for 5 years and has beaten much higher level competition.

If I were a betting man, I'd go Leon 100% with these odds.

Khamzat can definitely win this fight but there is also a big chance that this is going to be O'Malley-Vera all over again.
It’s very hard to put odds on Khamzat, usually there’s so much more tape on a guy that is essentially fighting a contender fight. So the odds were never going to make sense.

It's because of one of my least favorite aspects of MMA and that is ranking.

You see, ranking isn't just there to rank, it's there to protect fighters that have fought for longer.

For example, if you rank a good fighter with a couple of fights, who's body is preserved and relatively injury free, with an equally good fighter who has had a couple of wars and has some mileage, usually the fresher fighter will win.

This is why leapfrogging ranking spots is unfair.

It's not that Khamzat isn't good good for the spot skill wise, it's that it's only fair that he gets his body banged up a bit before he gets to the higher ranked fighters.

And that goes for any fighter, you should pay your dues before you get the shot. You should bleed first.

Sadly that's not the case. Khamzat has had 0 friction in his career. 0.
shouldn't the top of the sport be based on your ability to win fights? if khamzat is a better fighter today than edwards, i don't see the problem with him jumping over him with a win. banged up body isn't exactly a reason to keep fighters away from up and coming fighters. who is the better fighter? usually it just takes longer for fighters do demonstrate their ability to compete at the top. sometimes it becomes more apparent earlier.

There's two possibilities here:

1: The betting public knows more than you.
2: You know more than the betting public.

If you claim 2 is true, but aren't willing to put money on that opinion, then nobody should take anything you say seriously.
Yeah I mean if you believe something '100%' like the OP said, its no longer a gamble, its just a sound investment.

Oddsmakers for MMA are utter garbage. Combine that with 2020 accounts spending their allowance on hentai and gambling and you have Conor KOing Mayweather.

Is normal for MMA

It’s very hard to put odds on Khamzat, usually there’s so much more tape on a guy that is essentially fighting a contender fight. So the odds were never going to make sense.
There's lots of footage for Khamzat. All his fights are on youtube. He just shows no weakness in any of them. The footage is there, it's just that he actually has no weaknesses.

Oddsmakers for MMA are utter garbage. Combine that with 2020 accounts spending their allowance on hentai and gambling and you have Conor KOing Mayweather.

Is normal for MMA
Then put your money when your mouth is and start becoming rich thanks to shitty oddsmakers

Back