How is Khabib like other guys Mcgregor has faced?

Conor's biggest challenges have been in the form of Nate Diaz and Chad Mendes for very different reasons. In Diaz, he found someone who could take his best shots and still keep moving forward throwing their volume and keeping the pressure. In Mendes, he found someone who could mix up grappling and striking very well and if not for the short notice, Chad might have had even more gas in his tank to continue the pace he had set in the first round.

Khabib unfortunately does not have the same level of striking Chad and Nate possesses. He also has very bad striking habits that I would be surprised Conor can't exploit.

El Cucuy beats both guys on the same night.
source.gif
That freak loses to both easily. He's disgusting.

The other guys Conor faced were stocky wresters with an overhand right, Khabib doesn't even have the overhand right. <21>

I cant see a way Khabib winning this fight. If you think he'll be able to just run through Conor like he did vs Barboza then you are in big mistake. Its a miracle him or Iaquinta didnt knock the russian out.

Mayweather didnt 'let him'. Since when does Mayweather knock people out early? He doesn't lol he's not Mike Tyson. Essentially you have a guy that doesn't knock people out vs a guy who doesn't get knocked out (all Conor's loses are via submission). So Mayweather wasn't carrying Conor, it's just the way he fights.

No, Mayweather doesn't knock people out early, you are right. In fact Mayweather doesn't knock most people out at all. To be fair though, Mayweather looked like he was coasting in neutral for most of that fight and didn't fight how he normally would. It looked like a sparring session.

Exactly. Mayweather knew if he fought him early on he had a gigantic chance of getting knocked out. He played the smart game by letting Conor throw punches early and play a defensive game until he felt less pop on the punches Conor threw. Once fatigue set in on Conors part, he jumped on the opportunity and got the TKO. That's how Mayweather fought because it was the smartest way to win. He never intended on getting hit and he never intended to fight right away. He fought a smart game plan and it paid off for him. He knew just like everyone else that if he engaged right away he stood a good chance of getting his clock cleaned.

And to answer a previous post... no I don't think GSP Nate or any other fighter could have provided the punching power to get Mayweather to respect their punches that early. Had he fought an endurance guy who's looking to outpoint him he would have walked out there and dismantled him immediately.

So you honestly think that Conor hits harder than the other guys Floyd has faced? C'mon, the guy was dicking around and playing for the first half of the fight. People that really believe that fight was competitive are delusional. Go watch it again and tell me when you see Floyd look like he is being pushed, where was the expression and body language that indicated he was in a fight? The guy was cruising the whole time and making a show.

I cant see a way Khabib winning this fight. If you think he'll be able to just run through Conor like he did vs Barboza then you are in big mistake. Its a miracle him or Iaquinta didnt knock the russian out.

You realise neither guy won a single round or left so much as a mark on Khabib's face?

You realise neither guy won a single round or left so much as a mark on Khabib's face?
Yeah, isnt that a miracle? I mean fuck the rounds but with his chin sticking out like that i felt like Al could at least knock him down. Didnt really watch the Barboza fight but feel the same.

The questions for this fight as I see them. Is Conor able to deal with a grind with his suspect gas tank? Does his power translate to a larger weight class against a big lw with a reasonable chin?

This gif should show you everything you need to know about the Khabib fight. Connor gets mauled.
Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

This gif should show you everything you need to know about the Khabib fight. Connor gets mauled.
Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

Mini should cut to 135 and fight Dilla. would love that fight!

Khabib is a lot bigger than Chad (obviously)

It's weird because those In the boxing realm / community mostly feel differently. Conor did well early on and he was a bit of a threat. Floyd took his time, felt him out, sniped the body, allowed him to burn out his energy, punch himself out, at which point he turned It on and took control of the fight when his power was deemed no longer a threat.

Early on, however small..It was still a threat and Floyd played It safe, as he often does.

I don't know If I'd call that "being carried" that seems to be more a narrative amongst MMA fans than anything. It seemed more like an excellent strategy on Floyd's part to drag him Into deep water.

Regardless of what any of our personal opinions are, the reality Is..majority of the pro boxers In attendance, all of the boxing analysts and minds gave him a great deal of credit for his performance. Which at the end of the day Is all that really matters.

Everything else Is just opinions drawn up by people who are just seeking to validate their own biases.
WTF? An articulate and educated opinion on Sherdog? What sorcery is this?

Yeah, isnt that a miracle? I mean fuck the rounds but with his chin sticking out like that i felt like Al could at least knock him down. Didnt really watch the Barboza fight but feel the same.

How is it a miracle? This is strategy . He drains these guys in the first few rounds and once they are diminished he begins practicing techniques on them. + Al hits everybody, you think he wasn't trying to get the ko or do something? But even standing he could get much off on him. Because Khabib is not as easy to hit as u think.

Khabib might actually be to tall for this guys. Mendes had such good takedowns simply because Conor could not jam him coming in. Every counter Conor had he had to adjust way down. Khabib is much taller, at least 6 inches ( Chad is not 5' 6'', Kahbib is easily 5' 10'') and will be walking right into those takedown counters.

So basically; No Khabib is not like anyone else Conor has faced but I don't think that works in Khabibs favor at all. Tough fight for sure.

Back