How is Jones ducking when he wants to fight the more dangerous fighter?

Not only is Cormier not as dangerous as Gus, he's not even a threat to Jones on the level Machida was.

herpderp/QUOTE]

9153159a-5deb-40c7-8342-19e5644a413e.jpg

LMK champs

Styles make fights.

Also Jones doesnt like it when he cant bully somebody with a massive reach advantage....
Jones reach 84.5
DC reach 72.5
Gus reach 81.2

I don't give a shit if he beat Gus. The fight was razor thin close. Gus deserves a rematch.

You JBJ nuthuggers are so scared, aren't you? Why are you against a rematch? The fight with Gus was AMAZING! FIGHT OF THE YEAR QUALITY!

And you don't want a rematch?

Shut up........ you scared, homie.

Jones clearly wants the more dangerous fighter in the division in wanting to foght DC next not Gus.
There is no proof that DC is more dangerous. Gus already proved he can beat the shit out of Jones, thats proof of his danger
Dc desereves the shot any ways gus has done nothing to earn a rematch.
Done nothing as in put Jones in the hospital in their first fight by beating the shit out of him and then demolishing an undefeated top 15 talent?

Jones apologetics 101

Act like Jones didn't take a beating from Gus.

Pretend he is asking for another fight is not because of the beating he took from Gus

Down play Gus as lesser comp

Yep you are a Jones apologist!

Jones apologists are ridiculous
Jones fans on the other hand should praise Gus, make him sound as great as possible so beating him means more

herpderp/QUOTE]

9153159a-5deb-40c7-8342-19e5644a413e.jpg

LMK champs

I'm not entirely sure all those guys scored the fight as it happened. I've seen a ton of split ideas on who won the fight. I think it was so close that many people scored it for Gus. Its a super close fight (the 4th round being the decider). I think some people scored it for Jones just because they thought he should win and weren't really watching the fight close. I mean, some of those guys had 49-46...that's ridiculous.

Edit: Doug Crosby and Cris Lee did a horrible job judging the fight. Seriously? Jones won round 3 and Gus won round 2? Are you fuckin kidding me? Sounds like two pussies scared to not give it to the champion.

He's asking for a potentially dangerous fighter instead of one who beat his face in (hell of a fight, but let's not pretend like he wasn't beat-the-f#ck up). He is also asking for a guy who may have an ACL procedure soon. How is that in any way brave or worthwhile?

*and "judge" Chris Lee is a freaking moron.

Wait a minute.

JOnes ducked Machida to fight Gus.

Then he was ducking DC to fight Gus.

Now hes ducking Gus to fight DC???

All this ducking and beating guys is getting confusing

Jones just needs to fight Machida again?

Would Dillishaw be ducking if he said no to Asscauao and called out Cruz?

Jones apologetics 101

Act like Jones didn't take a beating from Gus.

Pretend he is asking for another fight is not because of the beating he took from Gus

Down play Gus as lesser comp

Yep you are a Jones apologist!

Well said.

I'm not entirely sure all those guys scored the fight as it happened. I've seen a ton of split ideas on who won the fight. I think it was so close that many people scored it for Gus. Its a super close fight (the 4th round being the decider). I think some people scored it for Jones just because they thought he should win and weren't really watching the fight close. I mean, some of those guys had 49-46...that's ridiculous.

Edit: Doug Crosby and Cris Lee did a horrible job judging the fight. Seriously? Jones won round 3 and Gus won round 2? Are you fuckin kidding me? Sounds like two pussies scared to not give it to the champion.

Yep the judging for this fight was suspicious to say the least.

Last edited:
I don't care much whether it's considered ducking or not. He's trying to pick his challenger, and if he succeeds at that, we're a significant step closer to one of the bad aspects of boxing.

I really want the DC fight, but the Gustafsson fight is on the table, and he's trying to pick himself a new opponent. Fuck that.

I remember when Jones wanted to fight Gus so he wouldn't have to fight Machida.

I don't care much whether it's considered ducking or not. He's trying to pick his challenger, and if he succeeds at that, we're a significant step closer to one of the bad aspects of boxing.

I really want the DC fight, but the Gustafsson fight is on the table, and he's trying to pick himself a new opponent. Fuck that.

this guy gets it

I agree. Jones can eyepoke and kick his way to a decision against Gus fairly easily.

DC presents a legitimate wrestling threat and is the more dangerous challenger.

maybe he thinks that cormier cant close the distance and gus was the guy that destroyed him

i still remember the post fight conference with glover, he was like "im having a nice time, dont talk abou tthis kid" something like taht, referring to the future lhw GOAT

Gus = future lhw goat? Is this a joke?

Back