How is JDS a "better" fighter than Cain?

Cain is clearly the much better fighter.

JDS is always dangerous with that power though.

A lot of people think JDS has better boxing, it's simply not true. He just puts more people down with it because he has more power.

Other than power though, Cain is better at everything.

Whenever a poster uses "defence" instead of "defense" things never end well with the rest of the post.

JDS is in denial and using any kind of mental gymnastics to convince himself he will not get his ass whopped again by Cain.

"See, I have a physiologist now and Cain couldn't finish me. I for sure better. Derp."

Not trying to discredit JDS but he keeps putting Cain down throughout every interview. In Prime time, he keeps stating words to the effect "Cain hits like a girl", "Cain can't finish me, I can finish Cain", "I am a better fighter".

I have studied JDS and Cain like crazy from the day they both made their UFC debuts. Watched all their fights prob 100 times each (no joke). I always thought JDS would be a good fighter but never a truly elite fighter. Besides that, JDS' comments really annoy me. How is he a better "fighter" than Cain? I am going to break this down as much as I can. Please tell me where you believe I am right or wrong.

Pure Boxing: Cain (better combinations, head movement and defence)
Power: JDS
Dirty Boxing: Cain
Leg Kicks: Cain
Knees: Cain
Chin: JDS
Wrestling: Cain
BJJ: both the same even though Cain is a MUCH more dominant and positional grappler than JDS
Cardio: Cain

I just don't see how JDS is better. I know he can't really go on Prime time or on an interview and state Cain is better but I am sick of the guy keep discrediting Cain whereas Cain hasn't talked one bit of shit about JDS.

All I am going to say now is that I truly believe Cain will give JDS another huge beating but this time he will finish him by the end of the third round. JDS may have survived once but he won't be able to survive another 5 round beating especially against a true HW, powerhouse in Cain.

A 5 round mauling and beating and arguably, the worst beatdown in UFC title history, is MUCH more indicative and impressive than a flash 64 second KO especially when Cain came in 249 pounds (NEVER that heavy for a fight) with a knee injury. Excuses aside, Cain still kicked JDS leg several times before JDS knocked Cain out.

Thoughts?

All it takes is 1 punch to end a fight dude, and JDS proved it in their first fight

Finished more big names? Their resumes ARE EQUAL! Love to have seen JDS try and topple down Lesnar and Big Nog.

If you dont think JDS could have stopped Lesnar and Big Nog at the same point in their careers as Cain did then you are just blind hating on JDS.

If you dont think JDS could have stopped Lesnar and Big Nog at the same point in their careers as Cain did then you are just blind hating on JDS.

Brock would have taken down JDS and pounded him out. Cain showed us that formula for beating JDS

Not trying to discredit JDS but he keeps putting Cain down throughout every interview. In Prime time, he keeps stating words to the effect "Cain hits like a girl", "Cain can't finish me, I can finish Cain", "I am a better fighter".

I have studied JDS and Cain like crazy from the day they both made their UFC debuts. Watched all their fights prob 100 times each (no joke). I always thought JDS would be a good fighter but never a truly elite fighter. Besides that, JDS' comments really annoy me. How is he a better "fighter" than Cain? I am going to break this down as much as I can. Please tell me where you believe I am right or wrong.

BJJ: both the same even though Cain is a MUCH more dominant and positional grappler than JDS

I just don't see how JDS is better. I know he can't really go on Prime time or on an interview and state Cain is better but I am sick of the guy keep discrediting Cain whereas Cain hasn't talked one bit of shit about JDS.

All I am going to say now is that I truly believe Cain will give JDS another huge beating but this time he will finish him by the end of the third round. JDS may have survived once but he won't be able to survive another 5 round beating especially against a true HW, powerhouse in Cain.

A 5 round mauling and beating and arguably, the worst beatdown in UFC title history, is MUCH more indicative and impressive than a flash 64 second KO especially when Cain came in 249 pounds (NEVER that heavy for a fight) with a knee injury. Excuses aside, Cain still kicked JDS leg several times before JDS knocked Cain out.

Thoughts?

I think it is dumb to claim either one is "much better".

They are both clearly top, and have completely different games.

But I wouldn't put much stock on what Junior says. he lost last fight. he needs to take out the positives from last fight.
And he does have a lot to work from:
1) Cain threw everything he had on Junior, and Junior was NEVER in any danger of being stopped.
Heck, top control? How many times did Cain control Junior on the ground? he couldn't even keep him there!!!
2) You claim Cain got the better cardio, but I think it is not that clear.
- Cain was tired on the championship rounds.
- Junior was too, but it takes much more out of you to get hit than to do the hitting.
3) ground games. I seriously do not know who got the better ground game. And I would challenge ANYONE to prove the opposite.
Cain just got his BB in BJJ, but who knows how much a BB is "marketing" more than reality? I mean how many people he submitted? How many ground wars?
And same for Junior.
people claim "he trains with the Nog brothers" which is true. but so what? a WHITE belt can "train with the Nogs" and it won't mean he's submitting anyone!

So overall, I think the fight goes down to who can impose their game?
Junior did on the first fight.
Cain did on the second.
It remains to be seen who gets the upper hand on the third.

But only biased fools think they KNOW what will happen.

the "hits like a little girl" comment is hilarious, considering one big shot from cain in the 1st round basically had jds on queer street for another 4 full rounds after that. if cain hits like a girl then jds has the worst recovery time of all time.

Hes not better and I agree with you OP I think Cain is going to put a severe beating on him again. I hope Cigano learns to be more respectful after this.....JDS is living in lala land again dont worry the terminater will bring him back down to earth again......

Last edited:

Thoughts?

You are an embarrassment to all of cain's fans. You are dismissed!

JDS' resume is still more impressive in my opinion. Not Cain's fault since it is about matchmaking and he would probably beat all of those guys, but Junior went toe-to-toe with some of the best guys out there and looked impressive destroying them (who the fuck stomps Mark Hunt on the feet like that... damn). Too bad we didn't get to see either one destroying the Reem, that pleasure went to Bigfoot and Browne..

Their two fights were so one-sided that it is hard to judge who is the better fighter. Obviously Cain has a more well-rounded game, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is the better fighter, just look at what Anderson Silva did to the MW division without having godly takedown defense (his tdd got much better as time passed by, don't get me wrong).
I guess the third fight will end all of these debates (or not, lol).

At heavyweight it's often the tougher opponent who wins, not always the best one. These guys are so huge, talented, and powerful that often times it's the guy who can blast harder or grapple stronger later in the fight who wins. Based on the punishment JDS took in the second Cain fight? He's the tougher fighter. He has every chance at winning the fight. But who's the better mixed martial artist? Probably Cain, but JDS is improving drastically already. We can really only wait and see, that's why this fight is so exciting.

Brock would have taken down JDS and pounded him out. Cain showed us that formula for beating JDS

Just like he did with Carwin? I think not. And Cain caught JDS on the feet, not the ground. Cain had a very though time taking Junior down in that fight even when he was hurt. You guys make it sound like anyone with take downs can beat JDS.

Cain may be the better fighter overall (more complete) but your list is absurdly biased towards Cain. Eg. you forgot to mention chin and speed, which clearly go to JDS. You did mention two boxing categories... both to Cain, really? One kicking category, also Cain? Why not make overall striking category and list Cain again? :rolleyes:

JDS is "clearly" faster than Cain?? I kept hearing this before the 1st two fights. I disagreed then and i disagree now. Cain beat him to the punch every time. Closed the distance on him every time. Was a step ahead of him every time. I think Cain is the faster fighter and has much better footwork to boot.

Back