How is JDS a "better" fighter than Cain?

Boxing : Cain
Stopped reading right here.

Look at my latest Gifs. For fucks sake, one punch power does NOT mean you are a better boxer! JDS is wide open and his hands down. He will eat another 20 punches in the rematch. Just watch! I will revive this thread and laugh at EVERY single one of you people. Until then ;)

Not trying to discredit JDS but he keeps putting Cain down throughout every interview. In Prime time, he keeps stating words to the effect "Cain hits like a girl", "Cain can't finish me, I can finish Cain", "I am a better fighter".

I have studied JDS and Cain like crazy from the day they both made their UFC debuts. Watched all their fights prob 100 times each (no joke). I always thought JDS would be a good fighter but never a truly elite fighter. Besides that, JDS' comments really annoy me. How is he a better "fighter" than Cain? I am going to break this down as much as I can. Please tell me where you believe I am right or wrong.

Pure Boxing: Cain (better combinations, head movement and defence)
Power: JDS
Dirty Boxing: Cain
Leg Kicks: Cain
Knees: Cain
Chin: JDS
Wrestling: Cain
BJJ: both the same even though Cain is a MUCH more dominant and positional grappler than JDS
Cardio: Cain

I just don't see how JDS is better. I know he can't really go on Prime time or on an interview and state Cain is better but I am sick of the guy keep discrediting Cain whereas Cain hasn't talked one bit of shit about JDS.

All I am going to say now is that I truly believe Cain will give JDS another huge beating but this time he will finish him by the end of the third round. JDS may have survived once but he won't be able to survive another 5 round beating especially against a true HW, powerhouse in Cain.

A 5 round mauling and beating and arguably, the worst beatdown in UFC title history, is MUCH more indicative and impressive than a flash 64 second KO especially when Cain came in 249 pounds (NEVER that heavy for a fight) with a knee injury. Excuses aside, Cain still kicked JDS leg several times before JDS knocked Cain out.

Thoughts?

Why the hell would you watch all of their fights 100 times each unless you get paid to do so?

Also, stopped reading when you said Cain's boxing is better and when you spelled defense wrong.

Why the hell would you watch all of their fights 100 times each unless you get paid to do so?

Also, stopped reading when you said Cain's boxing is better and when you spelled defense wrong.

Cain will keep tagging JDS in the rematch. We wil see once and for all who is the true better Boxer.

Also, I am from Australia and it is spelt defence here and not defense.

Well he's not going to say 'Cain's a better fighter than me'. If he really believes he's a better fighter, what's it to you?

i like jds but his comments are annoying. cain will wreck him for 5 rounds again. jds can't land big shots going backwards at all times. nor does his cardio hold up. he will leave the octagon with his face equally battered as last time.

Maybe not a 100 times but definitely a lot. I made a lot of money on Cain's fights and I Will bet big again on this fight. I just would love more JDS fans to put money where their mouths are since the betting odds are JDS a slightly big underdog at 3 to 1.

Look at my latest Gifs. For fucks sake, one punch power does NOT mean you are a better boxer! JDS is wide open and his hands down. He will eat another 20 punches in the rematch. Just watch! I will revive this thread and laugh at EVERY single one of you people. Until then ;)

You do realize that is to help his TDD right? The only reason Cain landed so many shots in the second fight was because Jr gassed hard. If he has been working on his cardio and comes at full (or as close to it as he can get), the third fight should look a lot different. Cain still has a decent chance at winning, but if he can't drag jr to the ground and it stays on the feet, he is going to have problems.

hell Cain might even have more punching power, sure JDS is better at landing it... power wise cain might have more

http://thedragonzone.com/2011/fight-news/cain-velasquez-punching-power-2230-lbs-of-force-video/

quoted from the article
"Cain’s heart rates maxes out at 168 bpm, and his left hook delivers with 2230 pounds of force!! That’s incredible, AND way higher than anyone they’ve ever tested, including Heavyweight boxing champ James Toney who hits like a ton of bricks himself.
I’ve read some speculation around that Brock Lesnar can’t take a punch. The reality is that Cain Velazquez hits like a brick house!"

Last edited:
Whoever loses this fight is not going to get another chance to become champion, anytime soon, if the other fighter continues to reign.

JDS is a better striker, Cain is the better all round fighter. All JDS does is box and at that his boxing isn't even that good. He never circles, he hardly uses jabs/set ups/counters, he just throws wild 110% power punches everytime. He's a typical MMA striker really.

JDS is a better striker, Cain is the better all round fighter. All JDS does is box and at that his boxing isn't even that good. He never circles, he hardly uses jabs/set ups/counters, he just throws wild 110% power punches everytime. He's a typical MMA striker really.

You are joking right?

Whenever you try and post, at least post facts. JDS never finished Carwin and Nelson. He NEVER defended the belt more than Cain. Both have one title defense each. And don't worry Cain will make that two in a couple weeks time.

And JDS and Cain have equal resumes.

So you're insisting in the whole "equal resumes" thing, huh.

Also, spare us of your "I have studied" and "not trying to discredit JDS" routine. Not only do you know jack shit about MMA, your hatred for the guy is well-documented and you always come across as a butthurt 12 year old whenever his name is mentioned in any thread. Hell, just look at your avatar.

It actually amazes me how you haven't received double yellows yet, being one of the most blatant fighter bashers around.

Are you fucking kidding me? Cain

I dont think he is in fact "better", i think its a very subjective matter.

But it does not matter, you lost me in the beginning when you said Pure Boxing goes to Cain.

JDS has beaten better fighters. I think he's better. Better striking with great tdd with the ability to get back up. It really comes down to who wins the next fight. If Cain dominates him again then he is obviously better.

So you're insisting in the whole "equal resumes" thing, huh.

Also, spare us of your "I have studied" and "not trying to discredit JDS" routine. Not only do you know jack shit about MMA, your hatred for the guy is well-documented and you always come across as a butthurt 12 year old whenever his name is mentioned in any thread. Hell, just look at your avatar.

It actually amazes me how you haven't received double yellows yet, being one of the most blatant fighter bashers around.

What happened to JDS in the second fight is what would have happened to Cain in the first one, had he recovered from the overhand right. I guess knocking people out isn't enough anymore. You have to "almost" knock someone out to be able to win the other four rounds and prove to Sherdog you're the "better" fighter.

Both performances were equally impressive, which is what makes the rubbermatch intriguing, in my opinion. That, and the fact that JDS and Cain are head and shoulders above the rest of the division.

Not even going to bother with your repulsive insults but wait until JDS fights Cormier or Miocic. UFC avoided giving JDS to Cormier because they knew Cormier had a very good chance in beating him and stuffing up the HW division because Cormier wouldn't fight Cain.

I think either Cain will win or he won't.

After reading your post, and thought about it for awhile..calling my mother to discuss it... I come to the conclusion... you might be right.
But I wont bet on it.

Back